Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Altura Sirius Jacket
  • legend
    Free Member

Has anyone here got one? I’m planning on getting Mrs Legend a new riding jacket, this looks like it fits the bill but can’t find anything definitive.

Basically it needs to be lightweight, easily shoved in a camelbak, waterproof (or at least resistant) but mostly just a good single-layer type material.

Failing the Altura – any other recommendations?

joeydeacon
    Free Member

These are awesome.. windproof and water resistant, yet breathable, fold up pretty small too.

http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk/Products/202/speg-avert-mk3-wind-and-water-resistant-soft-shell-cycle-jacket.aspx

legend
    Free Member

Thanks but a women’s cut would be preferred

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mrs PP is on her third. It’s been replaced twice under warranty. The first one all the taped seams on the inside fell apart on the first (by the instructions) wash
    The pocket zips jam from the inside and cannot be opened. This has happened to both old ones. She had to force one open to get her key out.
    This was a present I bought for her birthday and I’m VERY disappointed with it.

I would avoid, personally

legend
    Free Member

Thanks PP, not the news I was hoping for unfortunately. Not sure what to go for, as the Sirius looks the best on paper. Was it the ‘Plus’ version you bought?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The newest one is identical to the one in that pic, only slight detail differences to the original one I bought.

Mrs PP says “yes, it’s a Sirius plus with the magnetic collar flap”

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That said, Merlin have them cheap I think and they’ve been great replacing it.. It’s a nice jacket, well cut, waterproof etc. but the quality just isn’t good in our experience

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s a bit bulky to shove in a camelback though. Just noticed that bit! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Altura Sirius Jacket’ is closed to new replies.