Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Altura Mayhem………..Pish Poor?
  • ton

bought a altura mayhem as a pootling/touring jacket.
    wore it today, for the 1st tome, for my 7 mile commute.

anyone wanna buy a xxl altura mayhem (the blue one)

cold, clammy, collar too sweaty, hood in the way.

anyone else?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Poorly made too, mate of mine had his since chrimbo and 2 of the zips have come off.

As an aside, a velcro strip from the pair of Altura Attacks I wore for the first time on Sunday has started to come away.

Bearing in mind this a a pair replaced under warranty, I can’t see me buying Altura again.

scotroutes

A brand I won’t buy (again)

nsaints
    Free Member

me also, zips falling apart on some shorts
    lost the receipt so I’ll have to suck it up 🙁

buck53

That’s a shame, this jacket got good reviews and I was looking at it for my next jacket. Back to the drawing board,I guess.

Isn’t the hood removable?

andybanks
    Free Member

Why couldn’t you have posted this yesterday?

I read positive reviews on here yesterday and bought one this morning.

Surely you should have known I was going to do that and saved me buying a crap jacket.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Had mine about 6 weeks, wear it all the time- no problems so far, and I find it a good all-purpose jacket. I’m a layers guy. The hood is removable.

Trekster

Not tried the jackets but got 2 pairs of shorts when they were cheap, much better that either “main” brands I have had in the past.

Been buying my cycle jackets from Cotswold sales line when passing their shops in Carlisle or the big one in Edin. Current wet weather fav is a Hagglof hooded climbing one which fits over helmet

Ringo
    Free Member

Altura is crap ill never buy from them again

DezB
    Free Member

anyone wanna buy a xxl altura mayhem (the blue one)

cold, clammy, collar too sweaty, hood in the way.

rOcKeTdOg

Had mine for 4the months kept me dry in all weathers, toasty warm in the snow too, been battered to hell and back and still going strong, i took the hood off though as i don’t like riding with an air brake. Fleecy colkar is v comfy, never felt clammy in it, infact the mesh all the way down the arms is one reason i got it as i hate that rubbery cold feeling in bare arms you get with some jackets

ton

DezB…………honesty is the number 1 rule.

avdave2

Everything I’ve ever had from Altura has been excellent, relatively cheap, hardwearing and does it’s job well.

hainman
    Free Member

Had mine since crimbo and have no complaints,came off at GT on sunday,landed right on my shoulder and along the trail and not a scratch on it,no probs with zips and the hood is removable,same as my attack shorts since last year and still going strong wearing them on most rides…

ton

life would be pretty poor if we all liked the same eh 😀

bigjim

Isn’t it just a waterproof shell? I don’t know how that can be described as cold, it’s never going to be warm in terms of insulation.

godzilla
    Free Member

I like my Mayhem jacket, I’m happy with my purchase.

Northwind

What I wouldn’t give for a waterproof that could be described as cold! But if it’s cold and clammy then simply wear a base layer surely? That’s how layering’s supposed to work, personally I’ve never had a waterproof I could wear a longsleeved layer under though, except in proper winter.

I really rate Altura, never had anything of theirs that wasn’t first class tbh.

patriotpro
    Free Member

buck53 – Member
    That’s a shame, this jacket got good reviews and I was looking at it for my next jacket. Back to the drawing board,I guess.

Isn’t the hood removable?

The hood is removable and mate loves the jacket, it looks really smart too, I mean I’d happily wear it down the pub with jeans and trainers.

tomhoward

Mine, and all my other altura stuff, has been excellent. Used the Mayhem most days since christmas, and its been faultess. Even survived an energy gel explosion in one of the pockets! Hood was dispatched will some weeks ago….

marcusr
    Free Member

I’m now very confused. Was looking at buying one but now I’m not sure.

Some say it’s garbage, some say it’s excellent? Surely some sort of quality control are being used and some of you are just wrong?

Would like to see a picture of those zips falling apart..

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Mines been used a lot since January , one pit zip burst but it’s still usable , for the price I reckon it’s a great jacket for cold weather stuff !

marcusr
    Free Member

For a 100 I think you can have zips that last a bit longer than a couple of months, tbh.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good quality jacket, Had mine for 5 months now, wear it all the time. It is one of those jackets that is overwarm on mild, wet days, but I’m a sweaty bastard, Don’t think a jacket exists that could breathe what I put out. Build quality seems good so far.

You fella’s that are always busting zips and the likes, are you just Ham-fisted Galoots?.

vanilla83
    Free Member

Those with zips breaking; are you sending them back to Zyro? As they have always been excellent with warranty returns and they have a two year warranty.

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Looks up zyro right now 🙂

andypaul99
    Free Member

Everything I’ve ever had from Altura has been excellent, relatively cheap, hardwearing and does it’s job well.

+1 , i swear by Altura clothing, my ascent shorts now on their 7th year with 000’s of miles, cant say the same of endura,northwave and gore….

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Altura Mayhem………..Pish Poor?’ is closed to new replies.