Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Altura Mayhem jacket? Any good?
  • dandax1990
    Free Member

Looking at getting a new waterproof jacket, Budget of £100 and I like the look of this jacket.

Also just noticed Merlin have an offer on for the jacket and some Altura Attack 3/4 shorts which would come in handy over the winter months.

Anyone use/used this jacket, What’s your opinion on it?

Also, Any other jackets I should be looking at in my budget? Cheers guys.

Pridds

Love mine and it did really well in a singletrack test last year

Northwind

Mine is the older Attack Extreme, and it’s been great- very, very tough, totally waterproof, untemperamental, fits well over elbow pads too. Downsides are it’s a proper heavy duty waterproof, so it’s hot hot hot- breathable as they come but you still overheat and die in anything but cold weather, I can’t wear it in summer rain.

Seems like the main zip is seizing up, though, so it might be on its way out but it’s had a good run.

dandax1990
    Free Member

Any recommendations for something that’ll be ok for summer use too then? Winter I can just layer up underneath.

tomhoward

Love mine, really can’t fault it!

rOcKeTdOg

They are great, a bit loud, very waterproof, can get quite hot, the mesh lining continues down the arms which stops the clammy plastic cagoule feeling you get with some jackets. They do come up quite large, I sold my large and bought a medium & I’m 6ft 2 with 42″ chest

sam3000

I went to try one on in Evans at Castleford and as the guy in the shop was demonstrating how the hood zips off he ripped the zip of the jacket!!! Needless to say I didn’t purchase.

tomhoward

I went to try one on in Evans at Castleford and as the guy in the shop was demonstrating how the hood zips off he ripped the zip of the jacket!!! Needless to say I didn’t purchase.

That’s impressive! As the hood doesn’t have a zip…..

godzilla
    Free Member

I like mine lots, looks good too.

snakebite
    Free Member

the new 360 jacket looks a good option as well.

dandax1990
    Free Member

Cheers for that piss poor input Sam. Yeah the 360 looks good but the deal from Merlin is good?

BoardinBob
    dandax1990
    Free Member

Good spot that 😀 Still like the look of the Mayhem

kedmun
    Free Member

I love my Mayhem jacket – lots of nice features on it. Like the way the hood is easily removed, big side pit zips to keep the air flow coming in, double zipped back pocket for easy access, nice and warm when all zipped up with a fleecy neck. Top jacket, I wear it wandering into town I love it THAT MUCH – Evans price matched it in-store against online Wiggle price too.

dandax1990
    Free Member

Yeah I’m mainly wanting it because it’ll look ok casual aswell.

I have a Night Vision Evo but it’s too warm in the summer, Hoping this will be better. Cheers guys.

sam3000

Ha, oops , it was early after all!!!

mekon
    Free Member

Why is the zip on the other side of Mayhems? Is it it just mine cause I bought it in Spain?

rOcKeTdOg

no, mine is “female” side too

doubledunter
    Free Member

Love my mayhem, only jacket Ive not felt like boil in a bag 🙂 ..

dandax1990
    Free Member

Ordered one, it turned up today, not quite what I was hoping/looking for.

Just gonna get a cheap waterproof shell for now seems as the material of the Mayhem was pretty much the same as the Night Vision Evo I already have but the fit didn’t feel as good.

j3w3ll3r
    Free Member

Dan, what’s the problem with the Nightvision evo? Does that not do the job, I ask as I’m just about to buy one as my main jacket

dandax1990
    Free Member

It’s a great jacket for the colder weather but I was hoping the Mayhem was a lighter material and would be better for the summer that’s all.

mekon
    Free Member

Dandax, I went down to tkmax the other week and picked up something similar to what you’re after for 15 quid.

Northwind

dandax1990 – Member

I was hoping the Mayhem was a lighter material and would be better for the summer

Aye. TBH it’s hard to get a waterproof that works well in summer, breathable doesn’t mean cool. I gave up and bought a really good gillet instead, keep the body dry and let the arms be radiators.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Altura Mayhem jacket? Any good?’ is closed to new replies.