• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Altura attacks shorts fallen apart anything else.
  • jameswilliams54
    Free Member

3/4 versions have lasted for around 3 Months.
    Backside panels went thin and pitted very quickly with the waterproofing fabric becoming visable and then finely tearing.
    I’ve had the short version for a good 2 years hence why I got the 3/4 version.
    I’m 5ft so these are great for me as altura are also one of the only brands I know that offer shorter leg length with size.

I’ve tried madison 3/4 last year and they faired even worse.

I only wash then in tec wash before you ask.

Anyhow anything else 3/4 and waterproof that lasts more than one winter (thinking gore maybe but very pricey )

mtbel
    Free Member

send um back

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you got raised stitching on your saddle?

sillyoldman

Madison ones are redesigned with better fabrics now. Lifetime warranty too.

nixon
    Free Member

I’ve got a set Endura standard shorts and they’ve been great, very tough, I’d assume the 3/4 would be the same.

superfli
    Free Member

Try not washing them? I don’t wash any of my waterproof stuff. Just rinse in the shower with me out leave until dry and brush off.
    My altura shorts are staying to show signs of wear, but they are 2 seasons old and have been through a weeks mega wear plus usual winter grit and mud

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Contacted distributer waiting for reply.
    I’ll have another look at madison cheers

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

I’ve always used bel air saddles and all my other shorts are ok after a number of years

Kuco

My Endura haven’t held up to great, gone at the stitching. I was thinking of replacing them with Altura 😕

Northwind

I’d send them back too tbh, they shouldn’t have done that. I’ve only really used the 3/4s for commuting as I don’t like them on the mtb but they’ve worn well. The shorts as you say have no problems like this so the 3/4s should be the same…

Suggsey
    Free Member

Only worn through the arse seams of mine after two to three years use in proper muddy conditions too. But I do tend to use a rear butt guard these days and smooth Charge Saddles!

z1ppy

Yep, my old un’s lasted for years & I just got a local seamstress to stitch them back together as a back up, to my new pair which are at least 6 months old & see regular duty. Send them back, they should/did have 2year warranty

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Altura attacks shorts fallen apart anything else.’ is closed to new replies.