Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Alternatives to iPod and ITunes – Recommendations
  • seven
    Free Member

Having gone through the hassle (again) of moving all my music to a new PC final had enough of iTunes

So can anybody recommend me an alternative Music management application?

And what is a good mp3 player (needs >80GB)?

Cheers

lodious
    Free Member

I use Media Monkey. I found there is a bit of a learning curve, but it’s very powerful, and generally does what I want it to. Version 4 is just released and I think supports error checking on ripping, which is pretty much essential if you need to rip CD’s.

ketchup
    Free Member

I quite like my walkman although I don’t know what capacity they go up to and I just use windows media player with it. The last time I looked these guys had some good reviews http://anythingbutipod.com/

Zedsdead
    Free Member

The problem with iTunes is that it’s a bit of a pain, has loads of updates etc but when it works it works quite well. I do kinda like it…

seven
    Free Member

thanks guys.

Zed, I know what you mean, but I have had enough now, so time for a change.

Anybody had any experience of Cowon players?

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

I have a Cowon D2. Not a looker by modern standards, and odd to use at first, but it sounds sooooo good! I have the option of using plenty of other music sources, but I keep getting drawn back to the D2.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to iPod and ITunes – Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.