Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Alternative to Specialized Trail 110 boots?
  • BadlyWiredDog

I’m after a pair of the Specialized Trail 110 boots – just posted in the wanted section – in a 43, but in case I can’t find any, open to suggestions for a similar, lightweight, mid-cut trail boot with a broadish fit.

Anyone using the similar-looking Shimano boots? How do you find them?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I had some of the SHimano ones (AM 30s)which were nice but a bit too ventilated for a boot, oddly, and they were the only Shimano shoes I’ve ever had that fell apart: They split near the little toe. They were the cheap ones though, the Gore-tex ones seem a lot tougher…

BadlyWiredDog

Cheers, not a big fan of Gore-Tex in bike boots, have Defrosters for winter anyway. What’s the fit like on the AM30s?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    duncan

When my 110s gave up I went for a pair of Shimano AM31s, just because Eighteen had them going cheap, not because I’d been unhappy with the 110s, and I guess because having used no spd shoes other than Specialized for several years thought I may as well try another brand.

I’ve got no complaints with the quality or design of the AM31s, they are very similiar (apart from the lack of strap at the very top because they have three rather than four straps) but I found the fit to be slightly narrower across the ball of the foot, which took a while to get used to.

If I was to replace them I’d go back to Specialized. Unless of course Nike reintroduce the PoohBahs with a sole that doesn’t break, but that’s another topic…

Del

good luck trying to find the speshs. i ordered from about 5 different places in the uk that purported to have them in stock, only to be told later that they didn’t, and couldn’t get them. :/
    i ended buying a pair from the US – they’ve not made them in two years i think, and i could only do that because i have contacts in the states, as the majority of spesh stockists won’t ship spesh products abroad.
    still riding my 120s until they finally fail, and they’re in a very sorry state now!
    i have an old pair of shimano mt90s that are good, but sadly the newer pair i bought **** up my feet, badly.

Shak47

Got a pair of 110’s to replace the SL 120’s from bike24 in Germany.
    The advert says they dont ship to the UK, however I have purchased the 110’s and podium shoes from them without any issue. Based in Scotland.

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=8060;page=1;menu=1000,18,58;mid=0;pgc=0

Just wish they still made the sl120’s great shoes, wore out 3 pairs over the years.

kevin1911

Really glad I stocked up on the Trail 110s a few years back! Size 42 though.

younggeoff

Hi I’ve got a pair of trail 110’s in size 43 that’ve had very little use, can sort out some photo’s for you if you want probably looking for £30 + postage

email in profile

Cheers

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What’s the fit like on the AM30s?

Well, I’ve got fairly wide feet and they fitted nicely, but Shimano shoes always do for me.

BadlyWiredDog

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. Geoff, I think I’m now sorted, but will bear it in mind, thanks 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to Specialized Trail 110 boots?’ is closed to new replies.