Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Alternative to Pipedream Sirius
  • ajt123
    Free Member

I could murder a pipedream sirius.

Looking for a short travel, long reach ripper, one I can put a rigid fork on, take on some European rides.

Looks like no stock and no idea when it will come.

Looked at Marino. Any non custom options?

Cheers Alex

steve_b77
    Free Member

The new Merlin Malt 725 steel thingy would fit the bill saw one up there the other week and I was sorely tempted to get one, it’s designed around a 120mm fork, giving a 67deg static HA, but will run with a 100mm and an external lower cup no worries to give a HA of around 68deg

mashr

The Pipedream is 65degrees with a 100mm fork sagged, and it’s wheelbase is a full 15cm longer – not sure the Merlin is really aiming at the same market

I was having a similar look recently. Couldn’t find much that compared. Might be worth a trawl through Hardtail Party videos and see what jumps out

chrisdw
    Free Member

The nearest thing I can think of is the Cotic Solaris Max.

It’s quite a niche little sector the LLS hardtail with a short fork. Even though it makes great sense. Lots of options with a longer fork.

As mentioned above, have a look at hardtail party YouTube channel. He reviews lots of bikes.

highlandman
    Free Member

Titus El Viajero on Planet X..?
    I think that’s relatively close to the Pipedram.
    Or take a look at Nordest maybe, they have quite a selection of frames that are there, or thereabouts..

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Fairlight holt’s have just started to be delivered: haven’t built mine up yet, but looks good

inbred853

Still showing longish in green/silver on the Pipedream site, other reaches oot of stock. I’m on the verge of ordering and cancelling the Nukeproof Scout build.

stompy

I just picked up a used Nordest Britango to see me through until the new Sirius S6 arrives….. Not identical but similarish….. Sort of….

chiefgrooveguru

The new version of the Solaris is fairly similar if you build it with a -1.5 or -2 deg headset.

haggis1978

I’ve got a Nordest Britango 2. Head angle with a 130mm Pike I’m getting 64.5 degrees static whilst the geo chart says 66.5 sagged with a 140mm. Really comfy bike and decent length trail bike. Goes well. £140 import charges on top of the sale price at the moment.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Could look at a Dawley Eponym? It’s based around a 130 to 140mm but from what I’ve seen he’s happy for smaller modifications. Maybe worth an email.

swanny853

They’re out of stock because the S6 is due aren’t they? The ‘due date’ presumably won’t be shown until the new one is released- obviously that could still be months but might also be tomorrow.

chakaping
    Free Member

The new version of the Solaris

1 deg steeper HA as stock, 2.5deg slacker ST. No actual photos available.

Definitely the same intentions, but I wouldn’t blame OP for just waiting for the Pipedream to come back in.

ajt123
    Free Member

Yeah, looking at the Solaris it doesn’t wow as much as the Sirus.

I’ve got fairly short legs and long torso [6’1”] so the Sirius Longest really appeals.

I’ve contacted Pipedream and am on their mailing list, but no news currently.

Bikepacking.com said that they are putting more rack and bottle mounts on the S6 as well which really appeals…

Maybe I’ll just have to wait.

steve_b77
    Free Member

The Pipedream is 65degrees with a 100mm fork sagged, and it’s wheelbase is a full 15cm longer – not sure the Merlin is really aiming at the same market

My bad

trusty

Stif Squatch is fairly short travel (130mm) and slack (64 degrees). No luggage mounts and only 1 for a bottle so might not be as useful for carrying stuff

chiefgrooveguru

“1 deg steeper HA as stock, 2.5deg slacker ST. No actual photos available.”

The seat angles aren’t that far apart in reality because the Cotic has a straight seat tube and the Pipedream a bent one, so the longer your legs the slacker the Pipedream’s gets. The head angles are further apart, 1.7 deg difference with the same fork length.

I waited quite a few months for a Moxie though and it was totally worth it!

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Money no issue look at a 29” BTR Ranger. Dawley frames look nice, he’s always on Insta about custom options available so may be worth a look.

zerocool

I thought BTR had stopped making bikes?

ajt123
    Free Member

I remember trying a BTR Ranger – 27.5 at a steel is real demo day.

I told Burf it was the best bike I had ever ridden and I still stand by that.

marksnook
    Free Member

I bought a bfemax instead of waiting for a moxie to come into stock a while back. Love my bfmax but having had a go on a moxie since I wish I waited!
    I would wait for the Sirius!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.