Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Alternative to a rubbish iphone
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

I’ve now had about three iPhones go pop on me and I’ve had enough!

What would be a similar phone to an iPhone 5s in both size and storage size?

Nothing too big and 32gb if possible?

New not second hand.

Enlighten me please.

bikebouy
    Free Member

iPhone 6s

🤳😜😜🚀

GrahamS

What would be a similar phone to an iPhone 5s in both size and storage size?

iPhone SE – same size, but faster.

Also what are you doing to them that is killing them? Maybe a LifeProof case or something might help?

choppersquad
    Free Member

My first one decided to get a problem so I couldn’t hear what the person on the other end was saying, and they couldn’t hear me.

This one has now developed a problem where it will literally not switch on or charge at all.

Maybe I have some sort of radioactive head because I’ve now had five phones stop working on me. I thought I’d cured it by swapping to iPhones but obviously this isn’t the case.

Pretty much had enough now.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

You know the answer samsung S7….. cheaper than a cheap thing

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a samsung A8 (available overseas only at the moment) to replace an iPhone.

It’ superb at £370 (prob more when comes to UK) and therefore I can say any recent S7/A5/A7 will be ideal. S7/A5 prob ideal usize wise…..

Edit: mine’s the dual SIM model-also comes with Ramadan indelibly added to the calendar….. !!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Nokia 6 32gb. Great phone for the money. Sadly bigger than the 5s.

thecaptain
    Free Member

iPhone SE

Alphabet

I’m a fan of the OnePlus brand. Their latest flagship phone is £450. However it’s a 6″ screen although the phone is only 3mm bigger than their previous 5.5″ screen phone. Go big or go home?

v8ninety

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>This one has now developed a problem where it will literally not switch on or charge at all.</span>

This’ll be a failed U2 IC chip, fix costs about £30. Usually Gail because of cheap chargers or dodgy power packs providing too much voltage.

CountZero

because I’ve now had five phones stop working on me. I thought I’d cured it by swapping to iPhones but obviously this isn’t the case.

One is unlucky, two is a coincidence, three, on the other hand…
    Out of all of the mobile phones I’ve owned, three Sonys, three Nokias, four iPhones, the ones I had any issues with were the Sonys, which had rubbish proprietary connectors, the Nokia N95, which was an absolute catastrophe in every way, and my iPhone 4G had the shonky home button problem, but I still have that, and it does still work.
    Had no issues with my iPhone 3G, 5 and 6+

johnmcki
    Free Member

Got myself a Oneplus 5 a couple of months ago and love it. Much better than an iPhone IMO

z1ppy

Maybe daft, but have checked your charging port isn’t full of crap, doesnt take much lint to fill it so the charging cable doesn’t sit in enough. Careful, very careful cleaning with the sim tool sorts it. Just a thought

jonnyboi

Samsung a3, decent battery and even has ant+

Speeder

Before Zippy chimed in I was going to suggest lint in the charging port. Use a toothpick to gently tease it out and you’ll be amazed (clickbait?) at how much comes out.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anything Nexus, does it all but better, all the new i_whatever tech just a few months earlier…

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I like my HTC phones had no problems with them ever, unless I stupidly drop them.

Currently have the HTC u11 it’s brilliant.

The u11 life is a bit smaller and £350

rickmeister

Blackview bv8000

android, waterproof, great battery life, dual sim, £220ish, new from eBay. Great outdoor phone.

metalheart
    Free Member

+1 for checking for the ifluff.

i had a similar charging problem, the amount of lint that came out was astounding!

this was the old style connector (iPhone4!).

DickBarton

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact – or the current version of it.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

I have checked for fluff in the charging port and have cleaned it out to no avail.

I have had a few issues with this one before as I bought it refurbished from a company on eBay. Will definitely only buy new from now on so will check out all the other phones mentioned. iPhone 6 still seem to be going for silly money so won’t be going there. Don’t want to spend more than £200 so I guess this limits me a bit?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to a rubbish iphone’ is closed to new replies.