Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Alternative to a Montane Featherlite Velo?
  • CrispyCSW

The zip on my trusty Montane Featherlite has broken, so before I click go on a replacement, does anyone have any recommendations for a decent alternatives available?

IA

I* just replaced the zip on mine and reproofed, still going strong. Along with 2 others I’ve subsequently bought (I love them) and an equivalent made by Protective (the german brand) that’s basically the same but nicer, fleecy collar and zip off sleeves to turn it into a gilet.

So in summary, get the Protective version if you can find it (from germany maybe) otherwise buy a new montane and repair the current one then you have two 🙂

*Actually I asked my partner if she’d be able too…

CrispyCSW

I think a new zip may be the best option, struggling to find one in XXL other than the white one.

Do you know if the Marathon ones are much different to the velo?

IA

No idea sorry, mine are all velos. I’d suspect longer sleeves on the velo if I had to guess.

As you say, I can’t see white being a good idea.

Tried eBay? I got a women’s fit one (seemingly harder to find) for my partner from there.

boblo
    Free Member

Featherlite’s were going for £30 at Needlesports a couple of weeks ago.

antigee

IA – Member
    I* just replaced the zip on mine and reproofed

what did use to reproof? loved mine when new but at bottom of cupboard as arms seem to fill with water

edit not a negative used it a lot over a couple of years and worked well not really found an alternative and was thinking about getting another

IA

For starters, I never wash my waterproofs with detergent and if I use anything it’s pure soap, which helps.

Anyhow, after putting a wash through the machine without detergent I used nikwax wash in stuff (tx direct or something?). Did the job.

beano68
    Free Member

IA – Member
    For starters, I never wash my waterproofs with detergent and if I use anything it’s pure soap, which helps.

Anyhow, after putting a wash through the machine without detergent I used nikwax wash in stuff (tx direct or something?). Did the job.

+1 Nikwax everytime 🙂

antigee

cheers nikwax it is then

as to cold wash only no froth- current machine has a 15minute cold cycle (!?) and I have got very good at coming in sort of covered in mud (not Peak style) and just sticking stuff straight in

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to a Montane Featherlite Velo?’ is closed to new replies.