Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Alternative Riding from Lake Garda due to Quarantine in Italy
  • Monster101

Hi folks,

Just seen the announcement that there will be no relaxation of 5 day quarantine for UK visitors to Italy and it won’t be reviewed until 30 August. Deliberating on whether to delay MTB holiday until mid September or try somewhere else at the end of August.

I have ridden all of Garda’s gnarly trails, Finale Ligure and the Alpjuhara with Ciclo Montana.

Thinking of trying to get with Basque MTB or maybe even Verbier. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Alan

Sui
    Free Member

Switchbacks in Spain are also very good (were anyway) – they can accommodate for most types, but are more geared towards the gnnaarrr. What about Freeride Madeira, a lot of love for that place!

Switzerland is bloomin expensive now, I only ever went with bikeverbier, and they’ve wound down the operation (still do little bits I believe).

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Deliberating on whether to delay MTB holiday until mid September or try somewhere else at the end of August.

Given the hokey-cokey that is quarantines, travel restrictions etc really if you’re not able to live with 5 days on arrival (I wouldn’t be ecstatic about it either) you’re going to be hard pressed to book anything until the days immediately before travel this year me thinks. The odds are getting better but its still going to be roulette for months.

(given case rates here I’d not even put money on UK travel being a smooth road this year)

BigJohn

We stayed in Zell am See a few years back and really enjoyed it. Leogang, Kaprun etc. Ski-ing in summer too on the glacier.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Braemar….

Going there next week. As I’ve been researching routes I’m absolutely gobsmacked by the alleged quality of what’s up there.

So much looking forward to trying out Heartbreak Ridge, Beinn Avon, Callater, Lochnagar etc

Not sure the weather will play ball though….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Not sure the weather will play ball though…

Aye, if its not belting down you’ll barely be able to see for the midges.

sierramtb
    Free Member

Spain is open for visitors.
    Also quarantine not required for return to England if double vaccinated.
    Antigen test required 2 days before flying back.
    Flight prices into Malaga currently also very low.

Tracey

Our Lake Garda and the Italian Alps has now been moved on to next summer and substituted with a week in Wales and next week a week in Scotland.
    Still hoping that the rules are relaxed so we can get out to Finale in September but that will have to be a last minute decision

Trekster
    BoardinBob

Braemar….

Going there next week. As I’ve been researching routes I’m absolutely gobsmacked by the alleged quality of what’s up there.

So much looking forward to trying out Heartbreak Ridge, Beinn Avon, Callater, Lochnagar etc

Not sure the weather will play ball though….

When you’re done with Heartbreak Ridge, go across to the other side of town and do Mastermind. It’s an absolute dream of a trail

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Alternative Riding from Lake Garda due to Quarantine in Italy’ is closed to new replies.