Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Alternative for HED Belgium C2 ?
  • twisty

After years of faithful service, the sidewalls on my HED Belgium C2 rims are wearing thin.

The hubs and spokes are in good shape, and the rear hub is a PowerTap I am keen on just swapping the rim.

The simple thing to do is to swap to HED Belgium Plus, but these HED rims seem expensive ($150USD, 130GBP) for what is a relatively basic aluminium rim (no eyelets).

So I’d like to find a cheaper alternative, but there doesn’t appear to be anything else with 592mm ERD and 32 holes.

Therefore, I am hoping the collective wisdom of Singletrack may suggest any alternative.
    The closest I’ve managed to identify myself is DT R460/Velocity Dyad which are 596ERD so maybe I could use with washers.
    Or Mavic Open Pro/Velocity Quill are 589ERD so maybe I could use with long nips.

In summary specs required
    700C clincher
    Aluminium
    Rim Brake
    32 Hole
    ERD 592mm
    Internal width 18-22mm (ideally towards the wider end)

Haze

Pacenti SL23 – 591mm ERD, 20mm internal.

Might it be worth changing spokes anyway?

e2a: You may have your long nips/washers back to front

dangodwin

How about the Stans alpha 400 in 32 hole

Size: 700c x 20mm
    Colour: Black
    Hole: 32
    Brakes: Rim
    Weight: 425g
    ISO: 622 x 17
    ERD: 592
    Tape Width: 21mm

That I may have in my garage! Never used, bought for a wheel build before I had children.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    twisty

Thanks for the offer. I’m based in Singapore though. They’re also a bit narrow.

Pacenti is an option I’ll look at too.
    I guess I could get new spokes, It is so much easler just switching the rim without relacing spokes though.

And yes I had my nipples and washers mixed up :-/

Pierre

Kinlin XR22 rims are a better quality and better value rim than the Pacenti SL23s, with a very similar profile. And available in asymmetric hole drilling, which will even out the drive-and non-drive-side spoke tensions on the rear.

redjohn
    Free Member

Hi Dan, do you still have these?

twisty

I ended up getting Mavic Open Pro UST from a popular website, was listed with an ERD of 594mm so I bought some 16mm nipples to deal with the larger ERD.
    But when it arrived I found the ERD is actually 589 mm so I bought some Sapim double square nipples to deal with the smaller ERD.
    I messaged the retailer but they ignored me, they’re still listing the wrong ERD.
    Anyway, the Mavic rim seems pretty good

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Alternative for HED Belgium C2 ?’ is closed to new replies.