Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Altberg warrior boots.
  • zippykona

I know these boots have a fan club on here.

Are your soles the slipperiest things known to man? How our gallant boys are expected to defend our land in boots that can’t handle a puddle I don’t know.

I have read elsewhere that vibram  soles have a problem in the wet.

I  have also read lots of warrior reviews and no one moans about the sole.

The boots themselves are great. I can risk getting them resoled or can get another surplus pair hoping that they grip.

How are yours.

ps I’m not talking about failing to climb a rock face , I’m talking about feeling like walking on ice after walking through a puddle on tarmac.

maccruiskeen

I’m looking forward to warmer weather and you posting pics of your custom ventilated altbergs.

🙂

zippykona

I’m sure I could make some flip flops out of them with a sharp enough knife.

sharkey
    Free Member

I’ve got the hogg motorbike boots and yeah, like teflon on wet rocks
    Otherwise they’re great

timidwheeler

If they are anything like the slippy vibram soles on my Salomon trainers they are outright dangerous on slightly damp pavement to begin with. I do find they wear in a bit but they still aren’t great. My latest pair will probably be my last purely due to the lack of grip.

BadlyWiredDog

It’ll depend on which Vibram rubber compound they’ve used – some of their stuff like Megagrip and Idrogrip is very grippy wet and dry, other compounds more focussed on durability and less grippy, particularly in low temperatures. I’m guessing they’ve erred towards the latter.

I thought Salomon normally used their own Contragrip soles rather than Vibram and a lot of them are horribly slippy. To be pair, a mate of mine did the Spine Race in a pair of Speedcross and didn’t notice they were slippery on wet rock until I pointed it out to him.

I have also read lots of warrior reviews and no one moans about the sole.

Sometimes people don’t notice sole grip because they’ve not tried anything better, so they just see it as normal. You could get them resoled with a grippier compound if it bothers you. If you have a look at the Vibram web-site it runs through their different rubbers, but bear in mind that grippier with rubber generally means softer, which in turn means faster wear. Unless you add graphene as per the latest inov-8 shoes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Altberg warrior boots.’ is closed to new replies.