Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Alps weather, right now, at the moment……it's…….
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

timidwheeler – really!!!??

I was in La Rosiere and Sainte Foy all day with nothing but glorious sunshine!

maxtorque

stevomcd

I was in La Rosiere and Sainte Foy all day with nothing but glorious sunshine!

^^^^ Worst “I’m having more fun that you” post EVER!!

See you tomorrow Stevo!! 😉

andermt
    Free Member

Looking good in Saalbach-Hinterglemm.

http://www.saalbach.com/en/summer/weather/live-cams.html

Hope it stays that way when I arrive in 10 days time!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

Wallop – your not riding a transition with easton wheels are you ? – it looked very stw.

Its still lovely in bourg 🙂 if anything a little too how for us scots – was 38 degrees at 1pm yesterday – and i still had 5k to climb and no water 🙁

wideboy
    Free Member

Sat melting my ass off in the queue for delayed chunnel, please tell me it’s nice and dry in morzine now? !

PLEASE!

Also, which is the most accurate forecast site for Morzine area?

Cheers

trickydisco
    Free Member

The weather in les arcs is absolutely glorious and has been all week

thegman67

We leave Morzine tomorrow and it’s bone dry and scorching. All the bike park trails are dry with some big breaking bumps but the guys are constantly on the trails repairing them but keep away from the Pleny runs they have been ruined with the weather,just a mud slide with wheel swelling breaking bumps

Jamie
    Free Member

Sorry it’s sideways but you get the idea.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Also, which is the most accurate forecast site for Morzine area?

This one… http://chamonix-meteo.com/chamonix-mont-blanc/weather/forecast/evening/6_days_weather_forecast.php

wideboy
    Free Member

Excellent, thanks folks.

wallop

Trail_rat – no, I’ve been on a Five but I’ve not been in LA too much this week – only two days out of six.

maxtorque

Update: Les Arcs 19.55 July 19: cloudy, windy but warm. Possibly stormy night. 🙂

wideboy
    Free Member

Morzine: Dry, dusty trails and scorching hot today. Light shower early evening but nothing much.
    Could be storms on the horizon though… Pretty hot and humid.

Enjoy!

timidwheeler
    Free Member

Cheers Jamie 😆

If anyone is interested, Tignes is dry and sunny. The trails have dried out and are running nicely.
    We are on our way home.

Thanks for the advice by the way Steve. The views from the barrages were stunning. Despite the weather we had a great time and I got to make a snowman.

bland

Manzines weather forecast will be the exact opposite to yesterday’s!

Breaking bumps will be as yesterday’s but 10% larger, trails will be 10% duller than yesterday!

nickdavies

Just turned up to torrential rain and forecast showing the same for all the main bike areas for the next 10 days…
    Anybody got any ideas for a detour?

stevomcd
    Free Member

nickdavies – we had a good, mostly dry (bit wet this morning, but cleared up) day riding at La Rosiere & Les Arcs today. Forecast isn’t great for the next 2 days, but then sunny-ish and warm-ish for the foreseeable future.

maxtorque

There is a high probability of epic OTB moving into the Les Arcs area, eh Stevo…… 🙂

stevomcd
    Free Member

maxtorque – possibility of an OTB storm… 😯

maxtorque

Possibly the first time in history where Pats line was probably actually better…. ….. 🙂

KateD
    Free Member

Any updates? Driving down via the Channel Tunnel on Friday for two weeks and are planning on heading to Alpe D’Huez followed by Valloire, Deux Alpes, Montgenevre and the Sauze D’Oulx so a report on ground conditions on any of the above would be really helpful.

maxtorque

At the moment the weather is best described as changeable. Not set in, but windy and showery currently

Sui
    Free Member

Port du Solei area (Chatel) was fantastic Thursday (17th July) through to Sat 19th Evening, then the BIG F OFF storms Came in and changed the trails back to running streams, still fun though. It was still pissing it down yesterday (21st) and the weather reports were for changeable weather, but still on the damp side up until Thursday/Friday this week. All weather reports have a “poor” rating.

honourablegeorge

Re Tignes – anyone know where the lifts go from? Trying to spot where to go on Google Maps

timidwheeler
    Free Member

http://www.tignes.net/en/summer-sports/the-mtb-area-1034.html

Trail map here.

What specifically do you want to know?

makkag
    Free Member

Oooh bloody hell Jaimes pic from Arcs 2000 on the last page that face looks way steeper with no snow – had a great powder morning coming of the back of the lift and over the AV barriers earlier this year.

On another note i have a month till i get out to the alps – Warm up and Dry up please !

honourablegeorge

imidwheeler – Member

http://www.tignes.net/en/summer-sports/the-mtb-area-1034.html

Trail map here.

What specifically do you want to know?

That site covers it all, ta.

wideboy
    Free Member

Morzine is a mudfest at the mo, entertaining but hard work
    Bring spikes for maximum enjoyment, oh, and waterproof everything!

Milkie
    Free Member

Ok… Who broke Pat?

…Just seen the video, hope he’s ok! 😯

ade9933
    Free Member
Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Alps weather, right now, at the moment……it's…….’ is closed to new replies.