Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Alps Riding
  • Marin
    Free Member

So I’m off to the Alps on holiday in the summer to go riding and climbing. Any recommendations for areas where trails are good and easy to follow or outfits whose rides you can go on but don’t have to stay with them as I’ll be van dwelling. Lots of info on the net but its been a long day at work and sometimes websites do tell fibs.

ianv
    Free Member

It depends on what sort of climbing really. For rock climbing, Orcieres or super devulay are not far from ceuse. Also, the Briancon area has loads of good rock and decent riding close by. Allos is close to annot and the verdon as well.

No real idea about the mountain stuff though as it was never my bag.

vickypea
    Free Member

We camped at Bourg D’oisans last July for a mixture of road biking and MTB. For MTB, we went to Les Deux Alpes and used the ski lifts and rode the downhill trails. We were on hardtail xc bikes but they coped with the easier trails! There are also a lot of xc trails in that area but we didn’t have time to try them as well.

Marin
    Free Member

Ta for replies but its info on the riding Im after. The climbing is of big mountain sort which Im sorted for thanks.

UK-FLATLANDER

Check out the VTOPO guides for Hautes Alpes plenty of route, plus locally available topos.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Chip in my usual les arcs tarentaise valley recommendation. Videos in my vimeo link in my profile. We did white room for a 10days. Awesome riding especially the more back country stuff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alps Riding’ is closed to new replies.