Alps 2019 – where are you headed & what are you riding?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Alps 2019 – where are you headed & what are you riding?
  • dantsw13

My bunch are heading to Tignes this summer. I’ve finally replaced my trusty Heckler with an Intense Tracer. Come on snow, melt

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48044733342_4a0678ff41_z.jpg

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Watching thread with interest.. hoping to take Jr for a few days, maybe long weekend, but got no idea where to go…

Hopefully heading to Tignes, but may get divertedcyo Germany, in which case we’ll do Oetztal as a detour.

Dez, go to Tignes with the kid. It’s great

Dantsw13 .. bunch?

Premier Icon BillOddie
    Subscriber

Tignes is great for kids both on and off the bike.

pedlad

Morzine. Banshee spitfire in slack big tyre mode.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Tignes eh? Will check it out, cheers!

dantsw13

The G – 14 local lads – we go somewhere most years. Mixed ability, long weekend. We stayed in Le Brev previously, but Chalet Chardons no longer doing fully catered & the minibus uplift to the main resort is too small first run of the day.

pahoehoe

Crikey Tignes is going to be rammed. Can’t wait.

dantsw13

Free lifts innit!!! It’s a bit of an anti Morzine. On first glance it’s full of Stormtroopers. Actually they are mostly beginners but the hire shops put them on big rigs & make them wear full armour!!

Last time I was there nowhere was “Busy” but you get on the Enduro routes, or the long runs down to Val D & it’s empty.

Dieing (how the **** do you spell that word?) to do Very Bike Trip on the Specduro after mincing down it on my xc mojo two years ago.

BSM, Les Arcs and Tignes (along with the rest for STW it seems) in August with the family. Cannot wait! #prayfordry

mrmo

usual 10 days in Verbier

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Out to the Dolomites for a week and then back via Les Orres for the next two rounds of the EWS. Leaving the ebikes at home.
    Going back for the Swiss round of the EWS later on in the year and then finishing of with some uplifted riding in Finale.

godzilla

Finale ligure on my Enduro elite 29, can’t wait.

dantsw13

I like food – Tignes holds up much better than Morzine in the wet, especially the Enduro Trails.

dantsw13

Is La Varda still open from LA these days?

Premier Icon twistedpencil
    Subscriber

Taking the kids to the megavalanche again.  Just about survived being the responsible adult for two divorcee’s last year. Hopefully the penny has dropped that the male to female ratio is skewed against them again and that mid forties knackered middle aged men are unlikely to trouble the younger fitter male blokes in the bars and clubs.

Next year taking my son for a week’s riding instead so reading the thread with interest….

5lab

Popped into les gets for opening day a couple of weeks ago, rented a Norco dh bike. Was riding nice, very few breaking bumps, a bit muddy in the woods

Premier Icon jonswhite
    Subscriber

Day trips to Austria for me (live in Munich). Long shocked Geometron G13. Too much snow at the moment 😕

Premier Icon colp
    Subscriber

6 weeks in Leogang/Saalbach/Hinterglemm starting 22nd July.
    Anyone heading that way I’d be happy to meet up.

Premier Icon jimdubleyou
    Subscriber

1 day in Morzine with Mrs Dubs. Have rented us a Mega each. Should be a (wheels on the ground) fun day out.

We’re only there for 3 days really, so have to do something non-bikey in the middle day, then she’s going to sit in the sunshine on day 3 whilst I either muck about on the hill or try and ride up one.

superfli

Not been to the Alps for a few years, and I was hoping to go back to finale this year, but dates didn’t work. So going to Aosta for a week, mid July. Pila and la thuile of course, but also got some interesting routes from trailforks to try out. Gagging to get away!

Premier Icon cardo
    Subscriber

Enduro 2 early July , then back to the Whiterooms 2 weeks later…
    Ridge line in Tuscany late September all on the Banshee Spitfire.. Can’t wait !!!

Premier Icon duncancallum
    Subscriber

Slovenia with Jonny@rideslovenia in Sept

Can’t wait

Premier Icon mrhoppy
    Subscriber

Probably not this year due to a potential house move but I’ve still not fully written off a week in Tignes with the family. I’ll be on a Rallon, Hoppy jr on his Cube 24sl.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Just 1 day in Morzine this year. Mostly blues and some gentle reds possibly…. Looking forward to it even though it’s a 3 hour drive each way on the day.

Premier Icon gilesmartin81
    Subscriber

We are heading over to Tignes again this year, I get the feeling it may be busier than normal.

Premier Icon fathomer
    Subscriber

Just back from a week in the Pyrenees with Altitude Adventure on their Summit to Sea trip with a mate. Off to Whiteroom with the better half on the 20th July, it’ll be my first Alps trip and the wifes first foreign trip with the bike.

Oh and the bike, FlareMAX 🙂
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BygKqy-n32p/

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

Going to do the Basque coast with Doug later in the year, after doing 4 years in a row in the Alps. Just fancied a change. Hope it lives up to its’ reputation. Will be riding my trusty old Liteville 301 no doubt.

Premier Icon StuF
    Subscriber

Finale ligure on my Enduro elite 29 Soul, can’t wait.

Hob Nob

Doing a long weekend in Morzine in a few weeks for convenience of location, as we’re off to Whistler for August, so Alps time is limited, sacrificed the EWS in Les Orres this year for a week in Finale in September.

Will be on the big bike for all of it.

IG

blacka01

Passporte du Soleil in just over a couple of weeks, on a Santa Cruz Hightower LT. Looking forward to the altered route this year due to the return of the Foilleuse lift at Morgins – didn’t much enjoy the death climb out of Chatel the last 2 years

GolfChick

Not the Alps but I like to tell people at every opportunity. Whistler for 3 weeks in 26 days on my Mk1 Bronson and then a new bike when I get home!!

razorrazoo

3.5 days in Morzine (and surrounding area) in late July. Taking my Bronson V2.

Les Arcs Enduro2 on my new AM9. Not fit and getting a bit old but looking forward to it. Leaving the 301 at home this time.

Long weekend in Solden Bike Republic two weeks today then a summer holiday in Morzine once the kids break up. Taking their bikes so they are on hardtails (I tell them they need to learn bike craft before getting a FS). I’ll be very underbiked on a 130mm Carbon cannondale habit.

For both trips, I cannot ruddy wait….

Premier Icon wors
    Subscriber

Morzine 6th July- Giant Anthem………

Hob Nob

Enduro 2 looks like a great event. Definitely one for the to do list!

Premier Icon dday
    Subscriber

7 days in Les Arc with 12 mates. Will certainly pop across to Tigne on one of those days can’t wait!

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

Trans Provence in 3 days. Heaven/ hell awaits.

Transition Smuggler 😃

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.