Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alpkit sleeping bag question
  • freddyg
    Free Member

I’m thinking about buying a SkyeHigh 600 from Alpkit.

I was originally going to buy the SH400 as, being a bit of a camping jessie, I only camp from spring to Autumn. Unfortunately, Alpkit have stopped selling them because of lack of demand (I know they’ve still got a couple on the site, but they’re regular length and I need a long one).

Is the SH600 overkill for my requirements? Am I going to melt? Is there anything else around that price (£85) to recommend?

I quite fancy a down bag for weight and packing space savings, but am wondering if it’ll be too warm and never get used.

Any info/abuse greatly received.

Thanks.

STATO
    Free Member

I went the other way and bought an 800! I reasoned that it never get hot when i go camping, if it does i can always use it like a duvet. Ive only used it a few times and so far opening the zip at the bottom a little has kept me cofortable.

STATO
    Free Member

Also, why spend that sort of money on a bag that only works in warm spring/summerers? Ive got an old vango(?) that cost £20 if i want to feel cold and miserable ;0)

freddyg
    Free Member

Also, why spend that sort of money on a bag that only works in warm spring/summerers?

Because I’m a bit of a gayer and only go camping (ooherr) in warm spring/summerers.

I suppose It’s inevitable that I’ll buy the 600, I’m just trying to convince myself otherwise and so put off parting with my dosh.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I have a fairly decent 3 season bag and a second buffalo bag that’s meant as a sort of fleece skin layer instead of a bag when its really hot, this one packs down to about the size of two fists. When its really cold I simply put the skin layer one on, then slide into the 3 season. Been fine in a foot of snow so far, yet to test it in real cold though!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit sleeping bag question’ is closed to new replies.