• This topic has 17 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by P20.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Alpkit Koala seat pack (bike packing), alternatives?
  • fr0sty
    Free Member

Seeing as they’re constantly out of stock does anyone know of anything similar?

I’m looking for something lightweight, understated and pref waterproof.

Better still, sell me your black Koala!

fr0sty
    Free Member

£120!!

STATO
    Free Member

Obvious answer is a Tiger.

Cheezpleez

There’s the Wildcat harness.

I made a seat pack out of pu coated cordura from Pennine Outdoors. It was a bit fiddly but works very well. Not as smart as a Koala but definitely functional.

fr0sty
    Free Member

Wildcat harness looks great!

orena45

They’ve got a few mediums in stock at the moment, check the Stock Checker..

PMK2060

Bikepack.eu do good saddlebags at a reasonable price.

boblo
    Free Member

I’d speak to Alpkit. They’re making them all the time and onshore so no shipping delay. You may be pleasantly surprised.

P20

We ordered our koalas end of May, red one arrived this week, black one is due 27th. Nice bit of kit, though I haven’t used it yet

boblo
    Free Member

I ordered mine when it was out of stock. Turned up within a couple of weeks.

fr0sty
    Free Member

I already have a suitably sized dry bag so the harness route seems like a good idea, what with the Koala not being waterproof… I wonder how hard it’d be to make a harness, similar to the Wildcat one..

backcountrybiking
    Free Member

Terrapin ?
    clicky

Andy
    boblo- we hold UK stock so shipping delay either….. well if we have it in stock 😉

fr0sty
    Free Member

Hi Andy,

Do you know what it weighs?

Cheers

backcountrybiking
    Free Member

Weight:Terrapin – 13.0 oz Drybag – 4.5 ozVolume:Drybag – 14L with 3 rolls of the clos

Taken from the Revelate Designs website.

Andy

lank45
    Free Member

Live down the road from Alpkit and was in there the other week buying some cutlery and having a chat.

Friend was after a Koala and asked me to speak with them about them as the site showed as out of stock. They make them in the store/factory and said to give them a ring and they’d make what he wanted as they were making them all the time. He received it pretty quick and was really chuffed with it (6 day solo trip off road around Scotland).

In short, give them a bell!

lank45
    Free Member

Or, if you are feeling upto making one yourself, must get round to doing one myself: https://www.alpkit.com/deeds/diy-saddlebag

P20

Our second one turned up last week, so we’ve had a quick spin tonight to try them out. I’m really impressed with it. Can carry quite a bit, there was still space left! Once you’ve ridden it for short while you soon get used to the weight and it’s position on the bike.

Koala Test by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Koala seat pack (bike packing), alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.