Alpkit Hunka Bivi Bags

Home Forum Chat Forum Alpkit Hunka Bivi Bags

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Alpkit Hunka Bivi Bags
  • I’m about 5′ 10″ and ’11 stone’. The normal size was fine. I could fit a skinny mat inside as well as my boots and stuff when I used a 3 season bag.

Premier Icon Tiger6791
    Subscriber

15 stone, sold my normal for the fat biffa version. Normal was okay with big winter bag but snug. Sounds like you’ll be fine with normal. Fat biffa version is dead roomey.

matthew_h

How do these actually perform? Are they getting on for as good as the considerably more expensive options or are they just kinda good enough?

Premier Icon Tiger6791
    Subscriber

Waterproof and breathable, what more do you want?

newro97

im around 6ft and 11 stone and wish I had gone for the large to be honest, would rather have too much space then not enough.

performance wise it does well but you will need to keep your head covered with a micro tarp or similar. A friend of mine managed to roll out from his tarp and woke up soaked because you cant seal the top of the bag but for the price there awesome.

Premier Icon Tiger6791
    Subscriber

A tarp with them makes a lot of sense. The wetter they get on the outside the less they breathe. Which kinda makes sense.

matthew_h

Cool, that all sounds good to me. Just need them to get the XL ones back in stock

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

I’m 5’11” and find that an XL is great. I can arrange it so that the hood actually provides cover from a bit of drizzle with me able to breath without the condensation or rain ending up inside.

newro97

think there is an xl on ebay at the mo.

B.A.Nana

cheaper bivi bags usually have a simple drawcord closure ie like a sleeping bag closure. If the weather is bad, you might want to retreat further inside the bag, a bigger bag will allow you to do this. Also, with a bigger bag you can stash some kit inside ie clothes, headtorch, shoes, even rucksack/pannier.
    Rab Survival Zone is also well regarded @ £55-ish.

has anyone got one? Whats the sizing like? Would it be worth getting the XL?

For what its worth – I’m 5ft 9 & 10.5 Stone. Slim.

any advice???

eGn

I have a normal one (although only used it a few times). i am 5″10 and a bit chubby. I would go for the XL if i were buying now (wasnt available when i got mine). It is about as snug as i would want – i find my toes also press on it (size 11). But…. it is perfect for the use it has had and the number of times i have used it.

i’ve got a red one for sale if anyones intrested? £20

Premier Icon Baldysquirt
    Subscriber

I’ve heard XL is very useful as you have more space to stash kit at the foot if it’s wet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Hunka Bivi Bags’ is closed to new replies.