• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Alpkit Gourdon – Users and experience?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Looking at the 30 litre pack and seems a bargain.
    Just wondering if anybody has any views on using one, positive or negative as thinking about one for bike bivi'ing trips.

Also wondered how comfy it is as it looks like it would be quite 'sausage' shaped when full.

Plus how is it having a full bladder next to your back, as the bladder pocket looks a little odd being outside the main bag?

qwerty
    Free Member

i got a smaller one, fantastic bag, i use it for commuting, never fitted a bladder, comfy as

jonb
    Free Member

I have the smaller one and it's very good I don't mind the bladder being next to my back, it acts as padding. Don't ram the bag full though as you'll never get it in.

I have only ever used it walking and very occasionally on the bike. It is a little annoying when full as it knocks you in the back of the head if you are going down steep stuff. Most large rucksacks would do that though unless they are bike specific and/or low slung.

Mines been through quite a lot and is holding up well.

miketually
    Free Member

I've had the smaller one for a while. It was fine for 14 hours on the bike in one go last month, and is still waterproof. Used it for commuting too, so it's been battered about a bit.

My bladder (fairly old Platypus) can dig into my back a bit when the bladder and bag are both very full, because of where the fitting point for the hose to the bladder is.

trail_rat
    Free Member

shoulder straps are too narrow for my neck 🙁

Rik
    Free Member

Cheers guys for the responses.

Anybody tried the larger 30 litre one on the bike down steep stuff. Will be bivi'ing in the Peak/Lakes so big, steep and rocky. Done a list of kit and reckon i can get it down to 6ish Kg with water.

Dobbo

I've got a 20 Litre one and it's comfy and brilliantly hard wearing. Bladder pocket's not massive on it but I use it with no probs.

Recommended.

scratch
    Free Member

Got a small one I've been using on the commute for a year, still water proof, very well made for the cost. They have a belly and chest strap too keep the fit tight with a heavier load.

vondally
    Free Member

30 litre user here, great size for ryan air filghts as hand luggage, so seen use in Apennies, Alps, Picos and Pryenees as day bag walking and forced into mtn biking duties, overall great new ones I think are lighter we got some this summer gone but an old black has survived use for 3 years including walking climbing and generally bad. Simple, stable, waterproof and fairly comfortable for me. Recommmended.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Rik, I have a 25 ltr in jaffa orange unused for £15 posted if your interested.

TimK

They are great, i carried home 15 cans of beer on my 16mile commute home in mine tonight, comfy as 🙂

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Smaller one too for me used for commuting can't fault it, great value too. Did a slight mod with cable ties to hold bladder valve in place on the strap but that's it.

Rik
    Free Member

Thanks stonemonkey for the offer but really think a 30l bag would be the one if i get one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Gourdon – Users and experience?’ is closed to new replies.