Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Alpkit Gourdon 20 rucksack
  • Pieface

Anybody know what these are like for biking, will it interfere with my helmet?

Also is it a generous 20 litres? would I be able to get a 15″ laptop into it?

terrahawk
    Free Member

no
    yes

(they’re v good)

tommid
    Free Member

I have two gourdon 30s. I have ridden with them with little interference to my helmet. Not great with a bladder and the hip strap is not very wide, but for the money they are ace. Love all of the Alpkit gear that I have.

Sorry this doesn’t relate to the 20 specifically. I am sure some one will be along soon that can help with the sizing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mackem

They are generally pretty good. For some reason, sometimes the hose detaches from the camelbak bladder, doesnt happen when it’s in a camelbak.

Oh, too narrow for a laptop.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

LOVE’Em Ive got the stealth 20 and I ended up cutting the waist strap off. Not sure you would get a laptop in the 20 the 25 maybe better. I use mine all the time, cycle to work, I raced across Scotland with it I rate Alpkit as the best out there…!!!! Buy one you wont be sorry.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

two problems I have with mine; the straps work lose over time and the the shoulder straps are too close together and rub my neck pretty badly. If you have a big neck/shoulders you might suffer the same as me.

The bladder slot is a bit of a joke, it’s a straight flap with no room for anything really.

definitely worth a punt though.

cp

I’ve been looking at em too, but they’ve been sold out for a little while 🙁

miketually
    Free Member

I use one every day for my (short) commute, but I’ve also done 12+ hour rides off-road with it. Great little bag.

After a few years heavy use (3, I think) it’s gained a couple of holes near the bottom, so it leaks a little. But nothing that a patch wouldn’t fix.

I get my 15″ laptop into mine, though getting much else in is a bit of a squeeze.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think this design is the best for sweat-free backs…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Same experiance as paul gillespie

Mines now just a dry bag for my laptop inside my pannier

RustySpanner

Love mine for hiking, climbing and cycling.

Very light, simple and tough.

Straps do slip, just bought a new one that has narrower straps, but different material.
    Not tried it yet though.

Found mine very comfy – I’m a big bloke and the moob strap’s too short, but sits perfectly without it.
    Plenty of head clearance and I regularly fit a 3ltr bladder without problems (I leave the sit mat in).
    Find mine not too sweaty at all – the shape of the bladder means little of the bag touches my back.

First one has lasted 3 years and has a few holes. Still fine for summer.

myheadsashed

Brilliant for the money
    Rode for 4hrs in rain yesterday every thing still dry at he end. Buy one.

jonba
    Free Member

The space is generous as it is all one large space. It doesn’t interfere with my helmet but it might if packed really full. Don’t know about the laptop bit.

You could also look here, something I saw on bearbones http://www.over-board.co.uk/backpacks.html

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Gourdon 20 rucksack’ is closed to new replies.