Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alpkit Fuel pod
  • zilog6128

Just received my Fuel Pod 22, looks nicely made but not convinced by the mounting method. Because of the angle of my head tube and the fact that the front of the Fuel Pod is square, the stem bolts mash into the front of the back. This is going to rub like crazy which a) will probably be annoying and b) surely will wear through the bag. Also the Velcro strap is massive, bigger than the size of my spacers so can’t even wrap it neatly.

Looking at google images, previous versions of the back were curved at the front not straight, similar to how their Enduro Pod is now. I should’ve gone for that looking at it now, as I could probably fit it without the stem bolts rubbing it. The Velcro strap also looks a lot thinner.

Anyone use a bag like this that rubs loads? Is it an issue? Thoughts on (current design) Fuel Pod vs Enduro Pod? Or other similar bags that have a better shape or attachment method?

joshvegas
    Free Member

I have an old fuel pod.

The few times i’ve used it i’ve put it top tobe to seat post.

zilog6128

Yeah did think about that, the position of the top tube fixing straps isn’t compatible with the frame bag I’ve got though.

zilog6128

Yes! That is genius. Ta!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Fuel pod’ is closed to new replies.