Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Alpkit & dust
  • motorman
    Free Member

That seems to be all they stock right now.

Been looking for-

Sleeping bags
    Sleep mats
    Bikepacking gear
    Stove

All out of stock
    Pretty poor IMO

tomd
    Free Member

Lol yep that’s been my experience recently. I guess with their business model they struggle to match supply & demand but I’ve pretty much given up looking now as it’s a waste of time.

luffy105
    Free Member

I think because they make great kit and at a reasonable price they just can’t keep up with demand.

I’m waiting for some bikepacking kit and they have been completely upfront with how long it is likely to take from when i ordered which is fair enough.

Yes it is frustrating when stuff is out of stock but they are only a small company and seem to care about what they make so don’t have the resources to carry huge stock inventory.

jamiep
    Free Member

Yes, I really really want to give them my money but they have lost numerous custom from me due to lack of stock. Emailed them yesterday about bikepacking luggage – they will be restarting taking as hoc orders again in a week or so

motorman
    Free Member

All valid points, but this situation has been going on for months & means that folk will just go elsewhere. They should have the experience to know the demand & stock requirements on the run up to spring & summer.

tomd
    Free Member

I think the website just creates dissapointment. It would be better if they just had simple list stating what they do actually have rather than pages and pages of products which you can order at an as yet undetermined point in the future, subject to orders being placed and volatitilty in the international goose down markets or whatever.

MoreCashThanDash

Small business trying to keep stock overheads and costs low. Go with one of the bigger brands if you can’t wait.

The good news is that if it sells out it must be worth buying.

My sale purchased Filo arrived just before this weeks cold snap – absolutely made up with it, toasty as toast.

Could do with another yard sale though, tbh….

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Yeah, with their kit you sort of have to buy as soon as you get the e-mail about stock.

Couldn’t believe my luck when I managed to snag a Filo and a full jacket in the sales though. Amazing kit.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve bought stuff from them in the past, but don’t even bother looking these days. If they can still make a living by not having stuff in stock half the time, then fair enough. Maybe they’re trying to keep it exclusively for ‘real’ customers like MoreCashThanDash, by seeing who’ll hold out the longest for an OOS item.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Why don’t you just call them up and ask when they’ll have stock, and see if they will take a pre-order? They’re pretty friendly on the phone.

miketually
    Free Member

They posted something up a while ago about their stock levels of (I think) down products. Was very open and answered a lot of questions.

MoreCashThanDash

Not sure what I said to make Mr Nana pop out of his skin, but I don’t wait for stuff I need to buy, Alpkit or anyone else. If they have it in stock I will buy it, otherwise I look elsewhere, same as anything else I buy. I don’t get my knickers in a twist if someone doesn’t have what I want in stock.

Mind you it is handy to be able to pop in and keep returning the battery cases for our old Gamma headtorches 🙄 , and at the old warehouse they once dropped something off for us on their way home. 8)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Really sorry MCTD, reads like I’m ranting at you, not my intention. Got a bit fed up with Alpkit over availability a few years ago.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A great bunch of guys who did a after dinner speaking gig for our mountaineering club where we helped with the tent market research. They were going to put pics of the tent we wrote all the ideas on up on the website but there was no portion that was clean enough!

The stock issues were dealt with on their website, but give them a call.

STATO
    Free Member

Given they dont do sleeping bags or mats anymore (yes they might come back but they are not even listed on teh site) i dont think you can get overly upset by them not selling you one. As for bikepacking gear, frame bags and most of the small accessory stuff is available, for front and rear bags just go to wildcat, very similar in terms of performance and similar prices.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

STATO, there was a period were it was all a bit up in the air. They’d established a reputation of bags and mats, then a period of ?. I guess I got caught up in ?. I don’t know or care what the situation is right now today. In my scenario, Mountain Equipment and others have benefited from it.

dyls

Dont think they have had sleeping bags in stock for well over a year. Luckily i got hold of a pipedream 400 but had to go elsewhere for a winter bag.

STATO
    Free Member

There have been regular periods of ? for sleeping bags as they kept selling out each time they got a delivery. But as dyls said they have not done bags for about a year. New stuff coming i hear but thats just on-one esque whispers.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit & dust’ is closed to new replies.