• This topic has 95 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by adsh.
Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • AlpKit BruKit out of the box review and test
  • Spin
    Free Member

So I sent mine back because of the slow boil time (10-18mins for a litre on 1/2 to 1/3 full cannister). Alpkit tested it and got about 5 mins with a full cannister. Apparently it can take as long as 25 mins on a low cannister. I knew there would be a difference but the size surprized me and TBH renders this type of stove pretty much useless in my eyes. Going to stick with my MSR windpro which allows me to turn the cannister upside down when it runs low.

Fair play to Alpkit they have refunded me on the basis of my ‘unrealistic expectations’!

boblo
    Free Member

The pot is fine, it sounds like the stove is wanc… Use the pot with your msr stove and you’ll be more delighted than a delighted thing living in delighted Street on delighted day… Ahem.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Did we decide these were a bit crap.. i cant quite tell

Stoner
    Free Member

Get a brupot, its good. And match it with one of the smaller burners mentioned above so that you can put the burner and 200g gas cannister in the pot. The Brukit burner just doesnt seem to be very efficient for some reason.

boblo
    Free Member

@cloudnine. Yes we decided they were a bit crap. The crap bit being the stove. The pot is fine (maaaan…).

keefmac

this may seem like a daft question but do you cook with the neoprene sleeve attached to the brupot?
    I would be using it with a trangia mini. has anyone else used one with a meths burner? does it boil quicker than the supplied pot?

boblo
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use it with the neoprene condom in place, unless you like the smell of burning rubber…

I don’t use meths so dunno on the last point.

Lakes_Puma

Anyone know how this compares to the rest of the market inc the AlpKit?

Primus EtaPackLite

Stoner
    Free Member

its designed to be used with the neoprene insulation in place. Be a bit daft if it didnt.

boblo
    Free Member

@stoner. Are you sure? It is a pain putting it on and off taking it off but I can’t see how they’d sell something that could catch fire if the stove flame catches it…

willard

Well, mine arrived in the post this morning, so I will see what I think about it after I’ve had a play with it.

Given the standard fittings for the gas setup, if turning the canister upside down would fix things, could not a remote adapter be made that would fix the problem?

boblo
    Free Member

And in breaking news….. Alpkit have just confirmed they recommend taking the cosy off whilst the BruPot is used on a stove. Sorry Stoner, nil pois 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

I was just about to apologise, bob. You’re quite right 🙂

Well that’s a bit silly, the cosy is as tight as a japanese johnny – can you imagine trying to fit it to a boiling pot of water without scalding yourself.

TBH I’ll continue to use it with the cosy on, as it doesnt get anywhere near the flame (as long as you dont get carried away with the valve).

willard

Maybe just make the caddy a little shorter so that it is further away from the flame?

keefmac

Boblo / Stoner – cheers for the responses.
    did seem a bit daft to try and fit it afterwards to a hot pan but if left on it would burn. i think i will stick to the trangia pan and look at getting myself one of their kettles. cheers guys.

adsh
    Free Member

How would hexamine compare against these hitech solutions? Filthy dirty stuff but a great smell and easy to pack a couple of tabs, foldy thing and metal mug?

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘AlpKit BruKit out of the box review and test’ is closed to new replies.