Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Alpinestar and Dakine shorts on SportsPursuit
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience of the reasonably priced Dakine or Alpinestar shorts on SportsPursuit at the moment?
    I need another pair or two an wondered what they’re like.
    Good fit, accurate sizing, “nice” fabric etc.

kimbers

dakine shorts have been good alpinestars ones fell apart quite rapidly, not sure of exact models

mrwhyte
    Free Member

My Dakine ones have been great, my Alpinestars ones started to fall apart at the seat, stitching coming loose.

My Dare2b ones I got on SP were half the price of my Dakines and are great.

DezB
    Free Member

Same experience here with Alpinestars. Stitching at the back sarted to come apart. Sent back. Replacements did the same, now there’s a gaping hole in the crotch. Fabric and shape is very nice though!

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of Dakine wear… 3 shorts all hold good

Sizing is accurate – I’m a 38″ waist and wear a XL

Their Tech T’s are great as well.

DezB
    Free Member

In the absence of Dakine (which appear to have finished on there) I’d go for One Industries. Their stuff is very good.

martinhutch

I’d go for One Industries. Their stuff is very good.

What’s the sizing like on their shorts?

DezB
    Free Member

One Industries shorts come up pretty big IME.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have never had much luck with Alpinestars. I have some of their motorbike boots and gloves which are very good but although the MTB kit always looks cool in the pictures it never fails to disappoint. As above the quality is simply OK and the shape of their jerseys and shorts is bizzare. Have also had gloves and kneepads which have triggered skin irritations so although I like their style I don’t buy them anymore.

allyharp

I’ve got some ONE industries Atom XC (cheaper on ebay than SportPursuit) shorts that I’m waiting to send back as the sizing was a bit odd. Waist comes up large, but I knew that so ordered a 32 rather than my usual 34. But the crotch seemed to be abnormally low. Which could be countered by wearing the shorts extra high on the waist, but then leaving you with really short legs.

cubist
    Free Member

FYI I bought some One Industry liners that nearly cut through my thighs and ended up in the bin.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have some One Industries liners from when CRC were shifting them cheap.

The posher ones are great, the basic ones are well made but the pad is a bit bulky.

Continental sizing, so 32/33in waist and large fits very well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Alpinestar and Dakine shorts on SportsPursuit’ is closed to new replies.