Alpine Winter Series 2012 – Innerleithen

Home Forum Bike Forum Alpine Winter Series 2012 – Innerleithen

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Alpine Winter Series 2012 – Innerleithen
  • dirk_pumpa

Im up for it but its a long drive on my own from manc..

dirk_pumpa

Actually scrap that.. Its the fetish dh im looking at.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I’m doing the enduro races… You done any before? They’ve been fantastic so far, really looking forward to it.

Great 2 days riding…glad to see the organisers booked good weather! Bring on round 2…

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I binned my commuter bike on ice on thursday and dinged myself up, had to miss it 🙁 My favourite race stage too. Should be back for round 2 though!

redfordrider

Couldn’t get my act together to get out to Inners today. Will try harder to do the next one.

legend

Despite being in a strop all last night (see broken dropper thread) I had a great time today! Still not sure I got the point in the top half of stage 2 but other than that every thing was good.
    Now trying to justify buying a mince-tank, my little Anthem was getting a bit twitchy at times today!

Premier Icon rugbydick
    Subscriber

The top half of stage 2 was horrible.

Great work again from the organizers, overall 3 good stages (last stage particularly).

A nice little shake down for the Carbine as well,, although I probably should have at least set the sag before I got to the top…

Bring on the day/night in February.

legend

Anyone know if there are any photo’s going online? The guys at the drops on Caddon Bank must’ve got some ‘interesting’ shots*!

*e.g. one idiot who nearly got stuck on his saddle!

redfordrider

What bikes did people ride?

100mphplus

Ian Linton was def there taking photos, so I’d keep checking his site.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Still not sure I got the point in the top half of stage 2

Stage 2 was the Classic, right? Top of the DH trails, through a narrow swamp, then down to the fireroad, into the red and black then down a steep swamp? When the section just above the fireroad is riding well, it’s fantastic but when it’s not it’s just horrible. First bit is always horrible. But, it does make it a long and very hard work stage, adds a bit of extra frisson to the final section when you can’t really breathe or see 🙂

bella

Good race overall. Let myself down on stage 2 but only due to lack of fitness/effort. Need to get the burn on a bit more often. Good overall series format. Sadly working for last race but might try to swap it.

munrobiker

I’ll be coming up and doing it on my 5. Did it last year on an Ellsworth Moment- some of it’s on the old DH tracks so a 6″ bike is the way to go, or a big ol’ hardtail.

Half the price of the Fetish series- what on earth are the Gravity Enduro guys thinking when you can do the same thing for half the price with Inners?

Brilliant event as usual. I was on track for a pretty decent finish but put paid to it with a puncture at the top of stage three. Still great fun though.

I did the Eastridge round of Gravity enduro, and it was great but £60 entry is a piss take when the Inners ones cost half that…

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

munrobiker – Member

what on earth are the Gravity Enduro guys thinking when you can do the same thing for half the price with Inners?

There’s a few differences, the Gravity Enduro is a more complex event, they do full seeding etc which means having crew and marshalls on site for 2 days. I think they do marshalled practice as well?

(having said that, I don’t see that the Innerleithen MTB Racing events suffer at all for the simpler format; the 2-day thing at Gravity Enduro is what stopped me from doing half the races last year, not convinced it’s neccesary or even useful but it does make everything more time consuming and expensive)

hels

Hi Mr`Northwind – we were wondering what happened to you ?! Hope you get better soon and see you at the next round.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Cheers Helen. Not best pleased- don’t mind smashing myself up on mountain bikes but it’s not the same when commuting… Ah well.

oooooh folks, there’s a writeup on Descentworld but it’s set every antivirus alarm I have ringing, looks like they might have a wee trojan problem so careful (might just be coincidence but another feller on Trailscotland ran into it too)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Alpine Winter Series 2012 – Innerleithen’ is closed to new replies.