Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Alpine Elements
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Any good for the solo traveller in search of some good DH riding?

smogmonster

I dont think you’ll get too many (any?) good comments about Alpine Elements on here. There are loads of other much better rated companies out there…White Room, Trailaddiction, Bike Verbier to name a few. I can vouch for White Room personally, i didnt have a great experience with TA, but it seems plenty of others have.

saxabar
    Free Member

No complaints from me as long as you go with your eyes open.

If you have your own bike and do not need a guide they’re spot on as they’re inexpensive. I’ve only been to Chamonix biking with them and I’ve never had a problem. Food great, accommodation OK, and free tea and instant coffee all day. I ended up riding with the staff, but that’s only because I got chatting with them about routes and I was out on my own (having been a few times before) . While the aforementioned companies offer more, the holiday comes to twice as much when you factor in flights and transfers. Recommended if you’re on a budget and don’t need a guide.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Alpine Elements is the one bike holiday company which seems to attract negative comments on here and lots of them.

In addition to the companies listed above SkiBlueRidge in Les Gets cater for single travellers, they are a chalet operation but don’t do guiding, nice hosts and convenient location.

mikey74
    Free Member

Hmmm sounds like a mixed bag then.

I have to admit it’s the low prices that have attracted me. At the moment it’s either that or spend a fair bit more and go to Spain with either Switchbacks DH or Roost DH. Ride Portugal look interesting too.

I’ve never been to that area before so I would certainly need pointing in the right direction.

Thanks for the info.

saxabar
    Free Member

It boils down to whether you want a place to sleep with good food near the lifts, or whether you want the full chalet experience and riding with mates you haven’t met yet. If you’re fine with no frills rooms Alpine Elements are a bargain, particularly when they’re offering deals.

rhid

I stayed in The Hotel Renardiere in Morzine last year with them and they were brilliant. Couldn’t fault them on anything really. I would use them again without thinking twice.

Konastoner
    Free Member

rhid +1

I drove over to the renardiere in August last year, £320 Double room for the week half board. Bargain I’d say! I’d book again, infact I might have a squint this week 🙂

hora
    Free Member

They used to be called allmountainlodge?

Never. Ever. Same owners? Not a chance.

Them, Dave Hinde and Specialized are all companies/brands that I’d not touch again.

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

Thought I’d balance things out a bit, went to Les Gets with the family with them last year for some lift assisted XC/AM type stuff, as well as the Portes Du Soleil loop and the other activities (Via Ferrata, rafting etc.) and had a great time! Nice food, decent accommodation, very friendly young staff.

tracknicko
    Free Member

Very snotty towards their peers/competetion.

Must have stood next to the transfer guys about 30 times in geneva airport in 04 and the taints never once replied to me saying hello.

Was 8 years ago mind. And thats not really holidayb advice, but still.

They had nice fleeces.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you want dh in pds you’ll not need much/any guidance. It’s easy to pop from one course to the next. It’s the trail riding that can be harder to find.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Alpine Elements’ is closed to new replies.