Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Alpine 160 2×10 set up
  • darrimc30
    Free Member

Hi anyone running a 2×10 shimano xt set up on their Alpine 160 and if so any problems, been on the Orange website and they say you have to use a 3 x10 set up and remove the outer ring, is this correct

BoardinBob

Wife’s brand new alpine 160 came 2×10 straight out the box. Race Face cranks, shimano front and rear mechs

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

I think it depends on the chainrings on them- a shimano 2×10 double with a 38 or 40T big ring & the narrower Q-factor can foul on the pivot end of the swing arm.

hot_fiat

A 36t ring will foul the pivot if you run a crank with no spacers in the drive side. Mines got an atlas with a 24/36 and I think it has two spacers on the crank arm. It still looks very close though and i may go back to a 22/34 setup as it came from the factory. Seriously doubt a 38 would work

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

thread a few days ago with same Q asked about the Five, and a pic of what happens when the bigger ring fouls the swingarm – worth a hunt.

jonk

My old man runs a 38- 24 with bash and has no issues on it fouling the swingarm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alpine 160 2×10 set up’ is closed to new replies.