Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Alphabeticalise my invoice.
  • zippykona

I have asked this before and I can’t find it on the forum.

We have 5 sheets of this to cross off as we find the items in the box.

If BASS6UN could be next to BASS6TR on the invoice it would make my life so much better.

I’ve spoken to the company in question and they say they can’t supply an invoice in any sort of order.

With computers being clever these days I’m certain there must be a way of doing it either at their end or mine.

thepurist

IS that just a table in word?  If so just select the table, go into the Table Tools/Layout option on the ribbon then click the sort button.

zippykona

I have no idea what any of that means!

matt_outandabout

More importantly, what the hell is a Willie Walrus?

zippykona

drnosh
    Free Member

I’ve spoken to the company in question and they say they can’t supply an invoice in any sort of order.

No, what that means is they are too **** lazy/disorganised to do this.

You should insist. What is your clout?

How did they prepare this list? Did they enter the data into the list purely at random?

I quite often come across this s–t in the course of my work when completing a pre-shipment inspection before equipment is shipped off shore or to a site somewhere.

There are some right lazy people about.

If I get to the supplier and the shipping list is not in a logical order, and the equipment is not laid out in a logical order and in a space I can get round to check then I refuse to do the job.

It will be my fault if something gets missed. Image a bag of ‘special’ washers missing when the kit is unpacked on a North Sea rig!!!. You cannot just pop down the road to get another bag of washers. Might hold the job up for days. Could be costing £1m per day.

They get an invoice from me anyway if the inspection is completed or not, and then another invoice if I have to make  2nd visit to complete the job.

scotroutes

If you’re not au fait with Word etc and so can’t/won’t follow the instructions provided then either learn it or cut your invoice into strips with some scissors and tape it back together in alphabetic order.

zippykona

Ok ,  what is Word and where do I find it?

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

In a dictionary. There are lots to be found. I’d favour the scissors approach personally, that’s a fantastic idea.

funkmasterp

Can you not export it to an Excel file?

scotroutes

joshvegas
    Free Member

Looks like a pdf the w in the top is Words with Friends?

One screen you are on touch and hold a word until the wee menu comes up and hit select all or drag the wee arrows at the ends of the blue highlighted word and drag it as far as the ends of the table..

Open excel on your phone or google sheets you may need to download.

Click in a cell and hold it until you get the option to paste pop up hit that. It’ll dump everything in the

Then you can sort it using filters and stuff by selecting everything making in the table including the headings.

Not sure how you do the actual sort but its a basic option it should be available pretth easily.

zippykona

I’m speaking to the people in person today.

They have managed to send us a delivery note in xl and I’ve managed to get that in order.

However they say they can’t do an invoice in xl as they “DON’T HAVE THAT FUNCTION”.

I am talking to the sales people not the geeks . Is there any real reason they can’t do an xl invoice?

I want to go back on and explain to them exactly what they need to do.

It will make me look clever and make sorting the deliveries easier.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Is there any real reason they can’t do an xl invoice?

Maybe.  It depends on the system they’re using

I want to go back on and explain to them exactly what they need to do.

Find out what system it is. Possibly they can, but they don’t know how. I’ve asked people in a number of finance departments if they can export to .csv to be told no, got my own log in to have a play and found it’s possible.

mattyfez

I am talking to the sales people not the geeks . Is there any real reason they can’t do an xl invoice?

Probably it’s a PDF so the original they send you can’t be altered or tampered with. Standard practice..

You’d need to copy the tables into excel or similar if you want to play with the data for your own analysis.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Alphabeticalise my invoice.’ is closed to new replies.