Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alp D'Huez….where to fly into and who to fly with?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Possibly doing a trip to Alp D’Huez in the summer and not been before.
    Who do you lot use to fly with (with bike and kit) and is Grenoble the nearest/best place to fly into?
    Cheers
    Steve

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Grenoble is very limited for Summer flights I recall, Geneva and transfer is easyish

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Are you within reach of the Eurostar? If so then Eurostar to Paris then TGV to Lyon or Grenoble. Otherwise Sleazyjet to Lyon.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I live in Grenoble and I am quite sure that they dont do any flights after the winter season to the UK (not 100% sure though).

Lyon is pretty much the same distance as Grenoble airport is not actually in Grenoble, its 3/4 the way to Lyon.

There are buses from Lyon to all the ski places, just google you will find them, easy enough.

Geneva is further away than Lyon but think there are more flights there, transfers less easy however.

flannol
    Free Member

+1 TGV to Grenoble – you’ll be there by lunch

Can I recommend the campsite (also lodging) Ferme Noemie if you have considered camping. Went there this gone summer with a friend and his dad, we stayed for a week for cycling, the campsite is 100% geared towards and packed with cyclists (a room to lock your bike in / 24/7 hot showers)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1048241-d1137793-Reviews-Ferme_Noemie_Campground-Le_Bourg_d_Oisans_Isere_Rhone_Alpes.html

It’s literally at the bottom of every route you could possibly want to do, get to all the major climbs

We started off at d’huez a couple days and it took, well I can’t actually remember, but it can’t have been much more than about a 10-15 minute (incredibly pleasant) ride to the foot of it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alp D'Huez….where to fly into and who to fly with?’ is closed to new replies.