Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Alp D'Huez, Vars and Les Orres Pics
  • NickScots
    Free Member

LA Thuit Blue Piste at les Deux Alps (no brake bumps)See it snaking spaghetti style in the mid of the photo on the smooth scree of the piste

La Fee Blue Piste Descent, long singletrack, quite remote

Cool bike at the HOPE campervan at the Crankworx event in Les Deux Alpes

Green Descente Piste, Alp D’Huez

Blue Descente Piste, Alp D’Huez

No pics of the Blue/Green le Melezes piste, start at the 2500m cable car and end up at Huez village, quiet and some lovely flowing GR type trail and some steep drop in berms but perfect centrifugal turning.

Snowboarding on the Glacier at les Deux Alpes, 3300m

Lunch in Brugges before the ferry (much cheaper than the Alps)

NickScots
    Free Member

Ps Will add les Orres and Vars pics when I find them.

ask1974
    Free Member

Nick, or anyone else for that matter, could you recommend some routes in Alpes D’Huez. I’m off with the Family soon and as it’s not a cycle holiday I’ll need to keep my riding fairly close to the resort. Other than a day or two I expect I’ll get most of my riding in by doing lots of shortish rides rather than all day epics. Looking for the usual challenging Single Track and would like to progress with jumps, nothing huge just confidence building bumps where I can work on technique.

Cheers.

Nick-Scots
    Free Member

Start by doing the green ‘Piste descente’ whih=ch are easy then do some blues, take them easy and repeat them to get faster. The blue descent that goes out parallel to the road and fnishes back at the cable car is good for you, has some all rollable table tops etc. Then continue down the blue to Huez, has lovely flowy drop in berms etc and feels really natural.

Have fun

Nick-Scots
    Free Member
    Nick-Scots
    Free Member

The 2013 vtt pistd map shows no La Fee or La Thuit. That whole side is empty, any locals know why ?
    http://summer.les2alpes.com/mtb-slopes-map.html

Also there is a Galaxy mtb lift ticket for 5 resorts inc. Alp dhuez and les deux alpes this summer. It includes Serre Chevalier, any been there ?

ianv
    Free Member

Are these photos from this year?

I just got told that loads of stuff at Deux Alpes is still under a fair bit of snow.

I would be interested to know what you thought of Vars, its somewhere I have never been and I have had mixed reports.

bland

A clue is in the time since posted

ianv
    Free Member

Fair enough.

For the record, deux alpes sounds like its a waste of time at the moment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Alp D'Huez, Vars and Les Orres Pics’ is closed to new replies.