Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Alnwick, there must be some trails ?
  • brads
    Free Member

Been looking before I head down for the weekend.
    Usually take the road bike but am having withdrawals from the Five so it’s in the van ready to go but I can’t find owt on trailforks.

Any locals with some ideas for a bit trail riding ?

frankconway

That’s Drac’s neck of the woods.

simondbarnes

Drac rides a bike?

thepurist

Maybe Trailforks works differently on his iPad?

captainclunkz
    Free Member

There are tons of trails in Thrunton Wood. That’s the closest to Alnwick, other than that you have Kielder and chopwell

Drac

Very much my neck of the woods

Thrunton is easy to access plenty of hidden trails in there the FC are pretty relaxed about, some are XC style others a bit more challenging. Rothbury Carriage Drive is easy to explore and then theirs the Cheviots miles of hills to explore no need to go to  Kielder, which is dull.

Sorry SdB is right I don’t really ride these days so can’t guide you.

brads
    Free Member

Thrunton sounds good.
    For time saving sake, is there easy parking ?
    Caravan will be at Alnwick and can’t abandon them all day .

Edit, lovely big car park. Missus is taking the dogs out in the wood while I ride so alls good.

Thanks for that.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Yeah there’s a free smallish car park and it’s rarely full.

Edit it’s not what I’d call big but more than sufficient

brads
    Free Member

Just watched a few trails on youtube, some look like a good larf, might have to take the full face lol.

sillyoldman

Rode Thrunton once in a similar situation to you thanks to some kind and helpful advice from some – esp bigwill. Ta again for that if you’re reading!

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/riding-near-seahouses-2/

Great wee spot – would love to go back if in the area again.

He sent me a copy of a trail map which I can no longer see in my inbox sadly, but he was really helpful.

Drac

No problem if you want food and drink advice happy to help.

brads
    Free Member

Tanners in Alnwick is my go to for a beer usually 🙂

A very helpful chap has sorted me out with a route to play with as well so looks like my Sunday is sorted.

Being a sociable Scot I’ll just tag onto the back of any locals I see anyway 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I did this route yesterday on a CX bike. It’s not converted me to gravel bike riding yet. There were definitely some ok bits up in the hills, but otherwise lots of fast gravel sections.

https://strava.app.link/s6MTb5u9Z7

Drac

I’m not sure if the Tanners has reopened yet.

brads
    Free Member

Fingers crossed.
    My dogs love the place as they get to lie about the floor. Just have to make sure they don’t cock a leg on the tree in the middle of the pub.

Drac

Haha!

The Ale Gate is very good too it’s near the playhouse cheap too, very dog friendly. Bottles is being renovated he hoping to open early August. There’s a new one opening in the market place, Pig in Muck shouldn’t be too long on opening.

brads
    Free Member

Ale Gate was shut as was Tanners, but no mind. The rugby club was open lol.

Went to Thrunton and properly enjoyed it. Not very flowy and some was pretty easy but a few were proper techy and did catch me out and dumped me on my head once. Very steep rooty stuff.

Well worth a visit and the locals were very friendly and dished out the advise on what trails were what.

Glad I went, and will be back.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Alnwick, there must be some trails ?’ is closed to new replies.