Almost teenage girls – W…T…F…?

Home Forum Chat Forum Almost teenage girls – W…T…F…?

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Almost teenage girls – W…T…F…?
  • Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

ton – they’re training her to kill. I’m not surprised you have no complaints about her behaviour now 🙂

Stomps in from school and without even a hello tells me all about it…

“I’mreallycrosscosIgotthewrongdayformakingcupcakesit’snextweeknottomorrowandmyfore
    headhurtsfromwhenyousqueezedmyspotformethismorningandeverybodyhasbeencommentin
    gonitanmyheadachesandmythumbissoreandIhaveasplinterandI’mreallytired can I just go I’mgoingupstairsnow”
    FIFY

14 and 17 this week here and I have to confess that we have no stroppiness or particular moodiness at all. Both have a good sense of humour and we all get on fine

Nope, no point coming on here to winge – my girls were fine too. Dead funny having your daughter tell you jokes that are soooo now – when you used to tell them to your mates years ago

[/quote]14 and 17 this week here and I have to confess that we have no stroppiness or particular moodiness at all. Both have a good sense of humour and we all get on fine

Nope, no point coming on here to winge – my girls were fine too. Dead funny having your daughter tell you jokes that are soooo now – when you used to tell them to your mates years ago

CountZero

I love chubbybloke’s edit!

Torminalis

I have 10 week old twin girls. This thread fills me with terror.

zokes

I have yet to find out what our bump is. I’m praying that we have to run the piss gauntlet at nappy time by comparison.

I got the splinter out. I’m a hero now.

Premier Icon cheshirecat
    Subscriber

My wife teaches 11-18 year old girls, and she tells me that year 8 is the worst (ages 12-13).

With my own 14 year old witch daughter, that was indeed the case. We get on fine now (most of the time)

That would be where we are now then.

Got 2 Girls – not teenagers yet but building up to it, cannae wait.
    An 11 yo Hypochondriac (sp?)who has a faster download speed than BT could ever dream of, the difficulty is in spotting the break between subject matter.
    and an 8 yo who denies everything, she’ll get a glass of water from the sink spill it on the floor and then say “it wasn’t me!”

At least I dont have to deal with their mother everyday… upside to Divorce.
    For boys it does seem a lot more straightforward (got 2 teenage nephews) although the trail of destruction they can leave behind when unsupervised can be painful and costly.

iolo

13 year old step daughter here. As said everything will be fine until she can’t find the red t shirt with blue stripe (or whatever other world ending crisis)
    Then she erupts. The voice becomes so high after a while only dogs can hear her.
    She’s an Austrian girl so all this sounds much funnier in German.
    I’m sure she will get over it.

novaswift

14yr old girl and 10yr old boy here who spend every waking moment trying to drop each other in the crap. Suddenly its bed time and the emotional terrorists want a cuddle from dad.
    I wanted a Border Terrier

alpin

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBUhV4seFHA[/video]

jag61

As all above Eldest now 20 was a total nightmare from 13-17 Now she has moved out and has daughter & prtner we all get on a lot better
    middle17 going fine so far …yorkshire rugby Dof E Gold etc often grunts as communication cant tell left from right etc
    Youngest 12 moody lazy’got to have iphone for xmas’ etc etc.
    Not scientific but seems to be more or less the norm. for teens but specially girls. We get a lot of ‘friend ‘trouble with year 8 girls at work falling out and being nasty.I think OP will have a lot of ups and downs for a long time yet 😕

jag61

As all above Eldest now 20 was a total nightmare from 13-17 Now she has moved out and has daughter & prtner we all get on a lot better
    middle17 going fine so far …yorkshire rugby Dof E Gold etc often grunts as communication cant tell left from right etc
    Youngest 12 moody lazy’got to have iphone for xmas’ etc etc.
    Not scientific but seems to be more or less the norm. for teens but specially girls. We get a lot of ‘friend ‘trouble with year 8 girls at work falling out and being nasty.I think OP will have a lot of ups and downs for a long time yet 😕

emsz

Hah ha, I had my moments when I was I was younger. I think my best was deciding on the way to the airport that my mum was a bitch, and there was No Way I was getting on the aeroplane with her. I think I was 14

Shameful 😳

Premier Icon dawson
    Subscriber

My eldest daughter is only 11, and her dis-organisation, poor memory retention, and bad attitude towards her mum (she isn’t too bad with me)is a constant challenge for us at the moment!

I keep trying to tell myself ‘its just a phase’ – probably a mantra I’ll need to keep repeating till she’s 18….

DrJ

probably a mantra I’ll need to keep repeating till she’s 18….

Optimistic, IME.

Advice to parents of young kids – treasure all the cute things they do when they’re small, store them up in a special place, because without that, when they’re teenagers you’ll kill them.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Almost teenage girls – W…T…F…?’ is closed to new replies.