• This topic has 58 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Almost teenage girls – W…T…F…?
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

No doubt this nonsense is normal, but having no sisters and with my wife already being an adult when I met her, this behaviour still amazes me. And, to an extent, amuses, but only a bit.

Stomps in from school and without even a hello tells me all about it…

“I’m really cross cos I got the wrong day for making cupcakes it’s next week not tomorrow and my forehead hurts from when you squeezed my spot for me this morning and everybody has been commenting on it and my head aches and my thumb is sore and I have a splinter and I’m really tired can I just go upstairs now” going from angry to bawling tears in one (long) sentence.

“So everyone at school commented on your spot?”

“Well one person said I looked like an Indian and someone else stared at it”

Six year old brother “It is quite big”…that’s when the drama really started!

Just humour me and tell me they’re all like this 🙂

cp

that sounds fairly light!

wwaswas

Just humour me and tell me they’re all like this

they’re all like this.

My wife gets irritated by something our 11 year old daughter does/says e.g. “I can’t believe she won’t tell us what the problem is – she expects us to guess!”

It all gets a bit frosty when I say “But that’s how you are?”.

llama

sounds quite rational compared to some of the ‘discussions’ I’ve had with mine

hammyuk
    Free Member

Try having two in the same house……..

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thanks!

13 in January, I’m not expecting an improvement any time soon.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Just teenagers? I think that just sounds like women.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

The next stage is when they both expect you to take their side ,best get an outside hobby or wear a tin hat.

hooli

That is why I am so pleased to have boys, they have their issues too but it has to be better…

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have recently knocked down my leaky old garage and a man is currently making a nice new one twice the size.

If only this exciting garden development could offer some sort of solution.

aracer
    Free Member

Not that I know about such things (and only have sons), but I can’t believe it’s about to get better if she’s almost teenage.

wwaswas

it has to be better…

From experience, I think it’s probably just different.

And perhaps it’s easier for a Dad to find non-controversial common ground to talk to a teenage son about than a teenage daughter?

khani
    Free Member

That is why I am so pleased to have boys, they have their issues too but it has to be better…

😀 you live in hope…

theotherjonv

my forehead hurts from when you squeezed my spot for me this morning

😯

I was prepared for the misery of teenage daughters (mine are 9 and 7 currently) – but please tell me that isn’t normal.

[although i will admit to having performed 4 tooth extractions now, because they’re too fragile to pull their own wobbly teeth out]

zippykona

I read that we’re not programmed to get on with family members so we don’t interbreed.
    Does that help?

singletracksurfer

i’m glad I have 2 boys, they’ll be so much easier…..right?

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I read that we’re not programmed to get on with family members so we don’t interbreed.
    Does that help?

😆

wrightyson
    Free Member

Eleven year old here, just started “big school”!
    My god its been a long 8 weeks so far! How someone can be so disorganised is beyond me, and then on top blame others for it 😯

thegreatape
    Free Member

She’s not brave enough to do it herself, but a spot with ahead is even worse than a plain red one, apparently. And I like squeezing spots.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Three 12 year old girls here…and a nine year old! Even the dog is a girl!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ha, made me laugh that OP, 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

Does that help?

Erm…well I suppose I can see some logic to that, but as it’s not something I’d been considering anyway the information hasn’t really changed anything, so in that sense not a huge help. Thanks all the same!

mogrim

Sounds like mine, 14 in February. She’s currently got a really nice collection of spots on her forehead which I’m trying not to mention 🙂

And the bit about getting stuck in the middle of a fight between wife + daughter, that’s easy enough when the daughter’s wrong…

ciderinsport
    Free Member

16 & 13 year old girls in my house….

Just wait, it will get worse… Sorry 🙂

KennySenior
    Free Member

You should think about why she’s behaving like this and be a bit more sensitive.

Go upstairs and ask her if she’s ‘up on blocks’.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

for spots get one of these:

40mpg

16 & 13 year old girls in my house….

Just wait, it will get worse… Sorry

15 & (almost) 18 in my house

It’ll get worse for a very, very loooooong time. Thats why bikepacking is getting so popular.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

14 and 17 this week here and I have to confess that we have no stroppiness or particular moodiness at all. Both have a good sense of humour and we all get on fine.

Obviously an aberration. 😀

scotroutes

FTFY 🙂

hamishthecat
    Free Member

😆

totalshell

eldest pre teen daughter after failing to attract attention of mother by screaming at 200 decibels from the bathroom decided that emptying the bath on to the bathroom floor would serv as a punishment for mother.. not pretty made the opening scenes of saving private ryan look tame

jamiep
    Free Member

One of my brother’s two step daughters (if he and partner were married) is just 15 1/2 yo……and 2 months pregnant……

adjustablewench
    Free Member

My daughter was a bit over emotional and temperamental during her teenage years but not too bad really . . . Especially compared to me – I was a nightmare 🙂

slowmart
    Free Member

13 year daughter here.

For the most part she really is a great daughter and growing into a young lady but she has her moments.

Far better than I was as a teenager…..

heavyman
    Free Member

Yeh 1 teenager in this hoose, nightmare!!! Crying one day and nothing but giggles the next.

Its the excess Oestrogen building up in their bodies hence the reason it gets worse and then WORSE. You could try slipping some testosterone enhancers (DAA, ZMA, Tribulus) in her food, but then she might beat you up.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

All sounds a bit wasp factory 8-0

ton

my 16yr old daughter went in the army a month ago.
    she is home for the week, she is in the kitchen making macaroni cheese for her tea.
    she is like a different person, I even like her now…… 😀

ninfan
    Free Member

for spots get one of these:

Fantastic things – nothing better for chasing them round the house with 😀

+1 on the disorganised comment!

kristoff
    Free Member

I have a 16 year old step daughter.

Storm in a teacup springs to mind. She can be good as gold but the slightest off thing and it’s like I’ve arranged to have all of her friends and belongings destroyed in front of her.

mudshark
    Free Member

My Mum says my two brothers and I were far easier than my sister who came along 12 years later – bit of an accident…. Oh and she got pregnant without meaning to.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Almost teenage girls – W…T…F…?’ is closed to new replies.