• This topic has 48 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by leesus.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Allroad/Gravel Frame considerations
  • cookeaa

I’d say the Specialized Diverge ticks pretty much all the OPs boxes.

Isn’t that what he’s already got?

montgomery
    Free Member

That Warbird looks interesting the way my needs are converging towards the ‘One.’

prezet
    Free Member

Ah yes, not sure how I missed that! However the newer ones now seem to have regular 142 axle spacing and a threaded bb (although I think the higher end carbon ones might still be press fit).

Jamz
    Free Member

Fairlight Faran

janwal
    Free Member

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403732617472?hash=item5e0056d900:g:NkcAAOSwQm1hcTw~
    Check out Planet X eBay site above. I got the same frameset in the ‘lovely’
    Cream egg colours and have built it up as a flat bar Sram 1×11 bike as I prefer a flat bar. Without trying it weighs just over 9kg. The FreeRanger always has good reviews.

rhayter

I can +1 for the Ritchey Outback.

intheborders
    Free Member

+1 Freeranger and I’ve 50c gravel tyres on one wheelset and 28c slicks on another.

Would a carbon bike with panniers be a concern regarding load weight in general or am i overthinking things! Chances are ill be using it mainly for just a rough rural road/occasional bridelway bike with the occasional bikepack and asperations for a bit of touring! I reckon 90/5/5 split.

It’ll take a hammering, mine spends at least half it’s time on rocky routes.

lion
    Free Member

Surly midnight special, really comfortable on all day road rides, great on forest roads greenlanes etc.
    Mines currently set up with 650×47 wtb byways and full mudgaurds

leesus
    Free Member

@jodafett Would you mind PM’ing me some details on the Bokeh? Been looking for one for a while!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.