Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • All my bikes stolen 6.10.13 Lancaster – keep a look out please
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Got back from the Coed y Brenin Enduro last night and chucked my new Trek Stache in the garage with my Stumpjumper and Whyte CX. This morning window had been removed and garage door was ajar and I thought the worst. All 3 of my bikes gone, nothing else taken – no power tools or other items.

Please keep your eyes open for:

A Trek Stache 7 pretty much standard save for Easton Vice stem, On One Chunky Monkey Tyre and some mudgaurds. 19.5 inch frame.

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 2010 size large which is very secondhand with loads of scratches, rock strikes, heel rub, cable rub etc. Its got a set of lovely Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti forks in metallic grey. Reverb with big scrape near top of shaft. Red Hopes on Mavic D521s – rims are scratched and chipped everywhere. Black/Red Answer bars. XT brakes, XT rear mech, SLX double & bash – with the bashring heavily scarred. Chunky Monkey on front and dual ply Minion on back.
    Oh and it had a troutie supercharged Hope 2 and 4 cell battery.

Whyte Charing Cross commuter CX bike in black size large – pretty much standard save for wider bars and inline post. Its got SKS mudguards and rack with apple green Aldi Ortlieb lookalike panniers.
    Its just the bike I go to work on so no pictures!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Bastids 😡

A big dose of karma heading their way.

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s rotten news, same thing happened to me last year.

**** scumbags.

tomaso
    Free Member

Oh and I didn’t notice the wife’s mtb had gone too and two pairs of old RockShoxs..

Pic of Whyte

steel4real
    Free Member

Oh Tom that’s very bad news – I trust you have alerted the Boggies which should ensure a lot of people on the look out.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

That’s bad, sorry to hear about that Tom.
    Eyes peeled here.

tomaso
    Free Member

Cheers Gary and Ian – yes posted on FB and put adds up here and on PinkBike etc.

Feelin pretty cr@p

brakes
    Free Member

sorry to hear this.
    were your bikes locked up inside, and if so how?
    tell me to do one if you like, but I think it helps others to know what capabilities thieves have.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Similar thing happened to me last year at about this time. Fortunately the insurance company were no trouble and I hope the same for you.

IamSam
    Free Member

This sucks big time,

will keep an eye out for you. Out of interest where abouts in town are you??

crazy-legs

That reads like a follow home or someone has seen you unloading. 🙁

I’ve emailed the description to a couple of mates in Lancaster as well – used to live there so still know a bit of the local riding scene.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Scotes 😡 Down the road, so will keep a look out.

bland

Jees totally gutting but thinking what TOD above said. Do you advertise your bikes on the roof or back of the car by any chance? Wondering if someone has picked you up on the motorway and followed you?

EIther that or they are following people from trail centres. You would think that was a bit far but that bunch of scousers were driving to the lakes to take them off the roof of cars.

grum
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. Shared on FB – I used to live in Lancaster until recently and know quite a few people there still.

mrphil
    Free Member

Shit man 🙁

I know the felling of getting one bike robbed but all of them!

Hope you get them back!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

That’s shit.
    hope the bikes and the scrotes are found. and maybe an old pair of bombers for the purpose of owning them with

TiRed

Very sorry to hear this and know exactly how you are feeling. Is the garage integral to the house? If so, contents insurance will treat you slightly more favourably than not. But I wish you the best with loss.

Make a spreadsheet of each bike and each component on each bike with RRP and a photo. It works as therapy and gives you a lot of credance with the loss adjusters. In my case they did not query my dataset or prices and were extremely reasonable when settling.

My new premium, however…

tomaso
    Free Member

I live near the station in Lancaster and according to the Police on that side of town between me and a certain council estate there have been dozens of garage and shed thefts of bikes and bike parts. They go for ones with windows and climb in if they see anything worth nicking.

I could’ve been followed home as I have a towbar bike rack.

Unfortunately I’m not insured. Been looking into it but never pulled my finger out…

Bikes weren’t bolted or locked so I guess I’m a dumbass on that count too.

Since moving from some where really dodgy I’ve become complacent and I suppose I’ve just had my noodle recalibrated… Security is the first items on the shopping list for the garage and then I need to get a bike for the hills and going to work on 🙁

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Unfortunately I’m not insured

You muppet Tom!

On a slightly more constructive note though…, you’re a tall enough guy, I can lend you my Rockhopper (21″) to get you back in the saddle.

tomaso
    Free Member

Yeah I know, been looking into it but…

Thanks for the offer of a loan bike :mrgreen:

chakaping
    Free Member

Sorry to hear you’re not covered.

I’ve got a stack of decent spares I’ve been meaning to clear out, drop me a line if you’re building something up. Happy to do you a good deal.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

It surprises me that you don’t have some cover on your house-hold insurance, or do all the bikes exceed the single item limit?

devash
    Free Member

Sounds like you were followed home mate. Hope they catch the bas-turds and you get your kit back.

bazwadah
    Free Member

Tomaso – im in Lancaster so will bookmark this in case I see any of the bikes around. Just spoke to someone in south Lancaster that had their ‘top end’ bikes stolen yesterday – suggests its an organised group of thieves rather than opportunistic.

tomaso
    Free Member

@bazwadah Yes Police reckon they are targeting garages and sheds and checking for nice bikes through window, which they go through if its a garage and door from inside.

Thanks for the offers of assistance, had plenty from club and friends. I’ve got about 10 bikes to choose from and may well go for Ragley Piglet:-) so its not all bad.

Anyway life goes on and I’ve got my two daughters and their mates round to feed so got no time to mope!

Trampus
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this, mate. I’m local, too, so that’s another pair of eyes looking out!

renton
    Free Member

Gutted for you mate…used to love that stumpy ~!!

hope they turn up !

bland

Did you not think of taking out insurance then reporting the crime? Wrong i know but….

Too late now by the sounds of it anyhow!

bellefied
    Free Member

bland – Member

Did you not think of taking out insurance then reporting the crime? Wrong i know but….

Too late now by the sounds of it anyhow! another crime

tomaso
    Free Member

* Crime Update * Crime Update * Crime Update * Crime Update * Crime Update *

Spotted my Whyte Charing Cross on ebay Wednesday lunchtime
    My bike on ebay

Called Police and they were really good. We talked about why I thought it was mine and then they asked me who the seller was and they recognised the name. They said they’d get a “posse” together and pop round to where they thought the seller kept his bikes.

Being the trusting sort I bid on the item just to make sure that if the Police didn’t come though I could make personal visit and collect my property.

Police got my bike and loads of the others, but none of my mountain bikes 😥 One is better than none :mrgreen: Police described it as a hoard of bikes and that CID were taking over the investigation.

Still looking for my mountain bikes. Every time I ride a borrowed bike, although I’m grateful to ride it is gut wrenching as its just not my bike.

Anyhow I’ve bought a Pitch and gone to town with security and yes I have insurance now for any future misfortune.

Nobby

Whilst it’s not a complete result, getting one back & a scumbag arrested is better than most victims. Let’s hope the others turn up once the police have had a chance to do their bit.

Nice one.

sausagefingers
    Free Member

That ebay feedback is something else !!
    Tons of bikes and power tools

tomaso
    Free Member

Yes the items sold look like the sort of items you’d find in a shed or garage…

I was thinking for feedback (because their address was Morecambe)

She sells stolen bikes by the sea shore

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘All my bikes stolen 6.10.13 Lancaster – keep a look out please’ is closed to new replies.