Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • All mountain 29ers?
  • dday

Just a slight correction to what Fatgit said above – the Transition Covert 29 is 140mm travel front and rear, not 130mm, and is a brilliant bike – but i’m a bit biased.

This is true, but Fatgit was referring to the 2012 Transition Bandit 29er, which is indeed 140f 130r. The Covert 29 is 140/140.

Hey Fatgit, I’ve got a bandit 29 too! (Green). Just a bloody marvelous bike.

fatgit
    Free Member

Dday is correct on my reference.
    Mine is green too and someone else in our group has a black and white one.
    Fantastic bikes
    Cheers
    Steve

GaryLake
    Free Member

No cage is a deal breaker for me too.

I’m surprised at this. Anytime I’ve ridden anything that might count as what most people might accept as “All Mountain” riding, I’d not be expecting a bottle to even remain in it’s cage.

rootes1

i’m 6’6″ had a go on the Cube stereo 29er at the QECP demo day.. though ti was really good (well the rear was the forks were not setup correcty)

was a big bike 22″

though i had gone to test specialized camber and epic – specialized did nto bother turning up on the saturday so had a go on the cube..

the terrain their is not really the sort of thing for the cube, but was still surprised who good it was

they liked it also on twentynice inches
    http://twentynineinches.com/2012/11/25/cube-stereo-shpc-140-final-review/

Mbnut
    Free Member

Flipping brilliant… that is all.

rootes1

this looks nice

RM Instinct

Mbnut
    Free Member

http://twentynineinches.com/ is a great site for reference if looking for a 29er…

Another review for the Cube here and they have one on the AMS as well…

http://www.imbikemag.com/issue21/?t=Cube-Stereo-Super-HPC-140SL-29-2013-Mountain-Bike-Review-and-Test&page=107

Chainline
    Free Member

JCL. You need my Nicolai Ion29…currently being manufactured, currently a full custom build/geo etc and based on my current custom Helius 150mm bike but with tweaks from my experience.

When finished and tested they may make it a production model, but they have now created all the CNC programmes etc to allow the BB and other key parts to be made. Due for delivery in 4 weeks 🙂

james_turk
    Free Member

My Intense Tracer 29 is immense. It’s a large with an angleset at -1.5, so the wheelbase is a whopping 47.5 inches. Incredible stability, and grip is off the scale. Not found any really downsides to the length of it either, the main thing you notice is speed (and grip). Its abilities in rough terrain are mind blowing considering its a 140mm bike.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Chainline – been following the MTBR thread with interest, I can’t wait to see this beastie finished. Is that a Nicolai ‘4 weeks’ 😉

happyrider
    Free Member

That’ll be with you in 4 months then 🙂

JCL
    Free Member

JCL. You need my Nicolai Ion29…currently being manufactured, currently a full custom build/geo etc and based on my current custom Helius 150mm bike but with tweaks from my experience.

When finished and tested they may make it a production model, but they have now created all the CNC programmes etc to allow the BB and other key parts to be made. Due for delivery in 4 weeks

Nice. Sounds like a monster!

heghedush
    Free Member

[img] http://db.tt/QAp11Q1f%5B/img%5D

VERY pleased with the bike, the 120mm rear travel feels great on 1-2 foot drops I tried so far, cant wait to go bigger. Planning a trip to gisburn this week for more testing.
    Hope the pics are showing

vondally
    Free Member

rootes 1

I have a black 950 RM bought frame only and now xt 9 speed and hope wheels with manitou 100 forks,

not 100mm of travel, very quick and sprightly on singletrack and very very very rapid and stable down, nice climber, grippy.

Impressed but need better forks really, rear shock rockshox is custom to the frame but lots of pressure to cope with my 220 lbs ridong weight.

]Currently at 29lbs with flat pedals but very solid in a sensible manner.

Usually ride a Yeti 7 with coil shok, RM is not as plush.

rootes1

Vondally,

I was wanting a 950 Element – should of got one on close out at Evans, pic i posted above is the new 130mm travel Instinct

bonesetter
    Free Member

I picked up on of those rootes – very well put together bike. Lively and good attention to detail.

It won over a Whyte 100mm travel which I demo’d

Sancho
    Free Member

We just ran a demo day at Dalby including Pivot, Transition, Kona and a few others and the stand out bike of the day was the Covert 29er, followed by the 26er.

Even the downhill lads were commenting on how good the Covert 29 was, best bike of the day.

vondally
    Free Member

Mine was a ebay buy, not just a new bike syndrome or STW rider recommends but it is a really good ride, I tried a couple of 29 full suss and not convinced thta one was a punt and is a blast

130 mm Instict very slack and very intreting………….next year maybe
    But

quality of travel is what counts that 95mm on the element was great on local northern trail linking up with road,

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘All mountain 29ers?’ is closed to new replies.