Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 'all in one' LED lights ??
  • hilldodger
    Free Member

Need LED light for country road/bridleway/towpath use – earth scorching facility not needed, must have batteries on board and a decent mounting system….

….can't see much beyond the Hope LED 1 – anything else that comes in this performance/price range ?

wors

email trout, i have what exactly what you describe which was made by troutie, fantastic bit of kit. I think he had some casings but hadn't got around to making anymore.

alexpalacefan

Love my Hope 1, and as it takes AAs you can just carry spares at V little cost to extend the run time, (or to let you run on high all the time!)

APF

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

exposure spark?
    [/url]

Apparently very good.

nickjb
    Free Member

There are some good led torches with bike mount options, much cheaper than bike branded ones. There were dozens of threads on here last winter. IRCC Deal Extreme had some good ones.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

MTE P7 torch from Deal Extreme with some rechargeable batteries is all you need.

hilldodger
    Free Member

The spark looks good but apparently has mounting issues, the torches will do the job alright but again, mounting issues and would prefer something from a 'regular' supplier rather than a web based box-shifter…

…looks like Hope LED 1 then 🙂

nosedive
    Free Member

If you can stretch to the extra money I love my exposure diablo. you may not need the extra brightness but once you have it you find you make use of it. It will also run for about 3 hours on low which is about the same as the hope 1 on high. The mounting system on exposure is also excellent.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Diablo is too pricey 🙁
    I have a good set of Lumi LEDs for when I want to go big, just want something neater for those summer evening 'oooh I may need a light for the way back' rides.

Thanks for the info on torches, I'm sure they're the sensible cost effective option, but my personal choice is to buy bike specific kit from retailers I know, preferably LBS.
    It may cost me more money, but I'm prepared to pay for the principle 😀

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

There are loads of 1Watt LED lights about for £40 and under that run from 3xAAA's contained in the body of the light. I've got two from a few of years ago (bought as emergency backups).

They easily do basic commuting and towpath use and were cheap enough that I don't mind lending them out or letting the kids use them.

Failing that, there's the Fenix L2D or the dealextreme lights.

This sort of thing: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22866

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘'all in one' LED lights ??’ is closed to new replies.