• This topic has 13 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • All hail the square taper bb….
  • ronjeremy
    Free Member

Creaky BB on fixed gear, removed cleaned regreased and refitted, no more creaking, any idea how old or how long it’s been on bike?

2007 Langster, I picked up second hand a few years ago

Might treat myself and buy a replacement this week

trail_rat
    Free Member

crap bb – nice spanner 😉

gee
    Free Member

RPM are FSA’s bargain brand so not that crap.

GB

trail_rat
    Free Member

fsa bbs werent very good either as i recall 😉 certainly nothing like the quality of the spanner used to remove it anyway !

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Is this where I mention that the spanner in question is actually a King Dick 1 5/16″ AF

lyrikal
    Free Member

The irony of a tool like that being posted on here by Ron Jeremy!

I have a king dick 1/2 inch socket set I inherited from my granda, proper tools

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Well you have to name your tools do you not?

Ambrose

A friend at college was called Anna. Her father worked for King Dick, and gave me a sticker saying ‘I’ve got a King Dick Tool’. Which was nice.

robdob
    Free Member

Original BB on my 1994 Kona Kilauea removed recently during a restoration, new LH cup to make it look pretty but reinstalled and still running like new.

Full bike

lyrikal
    Free Member

The above photo, watch out for the hobbit sneaking in to steal that spanner!

Back on topic, I’m running a square taper on my hardtail, it just works! Maybe it will be the new standard some day!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I included part of my foot just for scale

unovolo
    Free Member

My Giant Bowery came with one of those RPM/FSA Bob’s,creaking and cracking noises coming from it after about 3rides.
    Changed the Bb and chain set for a old used Shimano 600 one which has 2seperate caged bearing races,well greased up and only now 5yrs later is it starting to make some noise.

tmb467
    Free Member

The GT I’ve just finished had to be powdercoated

I took an old un54 out of it – it still worked perfectly well. Previous owner has no idea when it was put in, and said he didn’t remember ever replacing it. He’d had the bike from new for 18yrs

br
    Free Member

Back on topic, I’m running a square taper on my hardtail, it just works! Maybe it will be the new standard some day!

Eh? Sod the BB, its the tool that counts!

Goes off to photo his 16″ King Dick adjustable 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘All hail the square taper bb….’ is closed to new replies.