Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • All city nature boy
  • lazybike
    Free Member

Anyone know anything about them? They look nice, not sure there worth 250 more than a pompino.

nedoverendsmole
    Free Member

very nice, would say that it is worth more than a pompino( nice drop outs, rust proofed tubes, internal cable routing). Still yet to see one in the metal though.

flip
    Free Member

Lovely first time i’ve seen one.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Needs more belt drive. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Would be nice if it had gears.

UnderTheWood
    Free Member

They’re very, very nice.
    I know, I bought and built up a frame about 3 weeks ago.
    As stated above, there’s a lot more detail in the frame than in a Pomp.
    And the kicker for me was the 130mm back end, giving a much greater choice in wheels.
    Oh, the green is far brighter than that photo shows.

lazybike
    Free Member

U.T.W. The frame seems a bit heavy, what sort of build did you go for? do they come up a bit big on the sizing? hope you don’t mind the questions.

ourmaninthenorth

When I first saw them, I was quite taken, but the suggested weight put me off. Details are ace, though.

UnderTheWood
    Free Member

Hey Lazybike. No problem, ask away!
    I thought the weight of the frame was about right for the material, price and money. The fork felt heavier than I expected but there was a lot of steerer and metal in the fork ends and crown.

I built it up using bits I had in the shed, nothing all that bling and I guess it weights about 22-23lbs but I haven’t (and probably won’t!) weighed it properly. It does ride very well though.

They do come up big so check the size/geometry carefully. I’m 5’9″ and bought a 49cm as All-City measure it. I’d say that it’s roughly equivalent to a conventional 53-54 which is spot on for me.

loddrik
    Free Member

I don’t get it.. Everyone coming on and saying its really nice. In what way..? It looks like a common or garden commuter type thing, albeit with no gears, there is absolutely nothing remarkable about it in any way…!

lazybike
    Free Member

U.T.W thanks for that, I,ll have to have a rethink regarding size, are you using canti’s or V’s?

Loddrik, no one’s saying its remarkable! it does have some nice touch’s though.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m not seeing them…

UnderTheWood
    Free Member

Lazybike – Vs. Avid SD5s with Cane Creek V drop bar levers. They work well, easier to set up and maintain than cantis and still have plenty of tyre clearance.

Loddrik – It’s all in the details. Rustproof coating inside and out, investment cast stainless steel dropouts, decent tyre clearance, 130mm dropouts, sorted geometry, nice colour (much nicer than the pics show). All little things on their own but they add up to make a nice bike. Bear in mind the frame and fork cost £450. Not much money in the bike world these days.

lazybike
    Free Member

U.T.W. many thanks, Triton are advertising the built one’s for 720 with a reasonable spec, just need to make a decision on the size.

peterfile
    Free Member

Bear in mind the frame and fork cost £450. Not much money in the bike world these days.

but you can get a complete Pompino Road Sport for that at the moment.

Pompinooooooooo

charliedontsurf

Very nice. I have built a few up for customers.
    Rumour is that there will be a few complete variations soon.
    Better than a pompino I reckon. rides light,
    Also look at the surly crosscheck, and salsa Casseroll (ignor its geared look, underneath it’s another great steel ss crosser.)

alecangus
    Free Member

I’m looking into buying one of these just now, can anyone shed some light into why the blackened blue version is RRPed £50 more expensive?

http://www.ison-distribution.com/english/product.php?part=5AYNB46Y

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘All city nature boy’ is closed to new replies.