• This topic has 31 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by MrK.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Alistair Lees Memorial XC TT – 15th March Inners
  • hels
    Free Member

Alistair Lees Memorial XC Time Trail

15th March

Innerleithen Forestry Commission Carpark

The traditional Scottish XC season opener on the best XC course in Britain ! This year we will be using a longer course, and all riders will complete one lap. The trophy, in memory of our friend Alistair who died of cancer in November 2007, will be awarded in the Vet category. We will be taking a split time at the top of the course and a prize will be awarded for the fastest male and female riders on that section. Past winners include Gary Forrest, Lew Buchanan and Anja MacDonald.

Get a flavour of the trails to be used for the British National Champs this year ! This event sold out last year and is limited to 120 places, so enter now to be sure of a place.

Event website http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com
    Entries on http://www.entrycentral.com
    Provide a marshall and get free entry – contact helenmfindlay@yahoo.co.uk for details.

Stu

Any more details on the course Helen? Looking forward to it!

hels
    Free Member

Steve and Dan rode it last night and are talking about 15-20km, e.g. a decent long loop, with ups and downs rather than one big ole climb.

We are making a map this weekend will send it to you and publish on website pretty soon, and will likely do a reccie ride next weekend.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stu

Cool, Definitely up for a recce, sounds like fun!

hels
    Free Member

Trail closures for the XC race on the 15th:

DH

The Matador (all of it)
    The push-up trail up to the very top (using that for the climb)
    The Tunnel
    The Luge

XC

Red route up to the crop circles, then down to
    Rock Garden
    Jane’s Lane
    Cadon bank

Racing starts at 11.00 and will be over by 15.00.

Thanks

Still taking entries on http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com

Helen

Dougal
    Free Member

Course for this is sweet. If you normally ride Glentress or Inners on a Sunday, consider riding this event to experience some of the brilliant non-waymarked trails.

kevonakona
    Free Member

NOOOoooooooo.

Everyone should stick to waymarked routes at all times. No matter what you think is going on or how excited the shouts are stick to the route. I’ve never had fun off route, not ever, no never, no,no,no.

Stu

Any chance of a course map Helen? Ta!

Also to anyone who is thinking of doing this don’t be put off by the fact its a race. Its a time trial so you can go at your own pace and as everyone starts a minute apart there is no wheel to wheel racing just friendly banter as the faster folk go past! 😉 The course will be fun for sure!

hels
    Free Member

Pre-entries close 5pm tonite, looks like we will have plenty of day entries, if you are wanting to ride this event.

Helen

STATO
    Free Member

anyone reccomend a good place to stay on the Sat night? me and a few mates are entered and thinking of coming up for a play on Saturday so need somewhere local to stay.

Ta,
    Rich.

hels
    Free Member

Hi Rich

Try Glentrails on Traquair Road, its a big place mind.

The guy who runs it is called Rich too and is helping with the race.

info@glentrails.co.uk

STATO
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestion Helen, sadly ive just booked us a nice looking guesthouse in Inners behind Alpine bikes somewhere so ill have to try that one another time. Looking forward to a good weekend biking and hopefully taking some photies with my spangly new camera 😆

Rich.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Waah! Entry Central is blocked at work and I don’t get home til 6!! I forgot to get my entry in last night. Hope I can get my phone to stay online long enough to complete an entry as I’m all organised for coming down to do this at the weekend.

hels
    Free Member

Jo – don’t panic !! I won’t get home from my 5 hour training ride, followed by a 20 mile run and several hours in the gym, until at least midnite. And if worst comes to worst I will hold an entry for you.

See you in the Masters at K’Tree !!

Helen

cynic-al
    Free Member

shouldn’t that be “mistresses” ❓

hels
    Free Member

Nice one Al !! My agenda point for the next SXC AGM emailed to Neil Walker….

What are female Vets then ??

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hey – that one took a few years to come up with.

I’ll have a witty retort for the 2011 TT if that’s OK. I’ll diarise it.

hels
    Free Member

Holding my breath Al..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Usually “Jocasta” or similar?

hels
    Free Member

Ah a Classicist, how rare in todays world. It would match with the Clydesdale and Athena category, another I have been trying to reintroduce to SXC for years, for the fun of it. But if we did that would have to give those beardy Singlespeeder types their own Cat, and there are limits. And prolly lots of rude jokes surrounding what you would call a female singlespeeder, apart from Earl.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just got a chip on my shoulder 😀

The ss category should be re introduced for sure – there’s a chance I might hit the top 10.

MrK
    Free Member

hi helen,
    i realised when it was too late that i forgot to sign up for the race! am i likely to get a place on the day?
    thanks
    kieron

Stu

Mr K and anyone else for that matter,

There are plenty of places available on the line as long as your signed on before 10.30. See here for more details.

See you there!

jojoA1
    Free Member

Just seen your reply Helen, thanks 🙂 Got as far as trying to pay on my phone, but it wouldn’t let me so I’ll bring the cash tomorrow.

Rode the course this afternoon and thought it was fantastic. I’m going to suffer on those climbs though 🙁

Smee
    Free Member

You even get me to heckle you all on the way past.

Very windy here tonight, but dry.

jojoA1
    Free Member

So long as the wind stays in the same direction as it was this afternoon. A tail wind is a great way of getting the illusion you are fit as **** on the climbs 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

You came to the BUrgh and didn’t meet up? 🙁

jojoA1
    Free Member

Ace race today. Grand weather, lovely atmosphere, superb trails 🙂

Al, we had a tight schedule of child wrangling, practise lapping and down for the race today. Just about to head home now. YOu’re usually busy DIYing anyway these days. 😛

Dougal
    Free Member

Cracking day out!

I did note multiple photographers on the way round, links to galleries are very much appreciated, so post if you see some.

Stu

That was great. Lovely course and thanks for arranging the weather too Helen! Any more piccies around?

MrK
    Free Member

Stu – Member
    That was great. Lovely course and thanks for arranging the weather too Helen! Any more piccies around?

seconded! hangover and stomach cramps weren’t the best physical attributes, but it was so much fun! mulchy fresh wooded singletrack – lovely! 😀

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Alistair Lees Memorial XC TT – 15th March Inners’ is closed to new replies.