Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • AliExpress Disc Rotors or something else?
  • P20

I’m looking at replace my rotors on the cross bike. The avid rotors it came with are awful. I’ve managed to straighten them, but can’t do anything with the vertical hop in them.
    So…. anyone using These? £7!!!
    Are they too good to be true and just stick with Uberbikes or the like?
    Looking at 160mm 6 bolt for Avid BB7 road

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

My uberbikes came bent….i was told, by them, that this is normal and they are easily straightened 🙂

They will be having them back shortly.

nedrapier

I’ve settled on Shimano RT66. Cheapish, lightish, don’t warp, no judder, brake well, quiet. Last two dependent on rotors and pads being cleanish, same as anything else.

cheapest on Rose at the moment, but only of you’re ordering enough stuff to spread the cost of the postage.

P20

handybendyhendo – Member
    My uberbikes came bent….i was told, by them, that this is normal and they are easily straightened

They will be having them back shortly.
    That’s not great. Shouldn’t be too big a problem given your username 😛

wzzzz
    Free Member

I got some cheapy cheapies from aliexpress.

The “edges” are going rusty slightly.

I suspect the steel is of different quality to the shimano rotors on another bike.

But they function just fine.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I bought cheapy Tektro and Avid rotors from China on eBay. Crazy price, acceptable quality, esp. the Avids.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I love Aliexpress, go for it!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Wouldn’t risk my life with cheapies from Ali myself.

scotroutes

deadkenny – Member
    Wouldn’t risk my life with cheapies from Ali myself.

Don’t be so dramatic – it’s only your brake rotors.

Tiger6791

I always get ( & like ) the Clarks lightweight rotors from CRC

Cheap, simple, from a decent supplier and just work

What’s not to like?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/clarks-cd-disc-rotor/rp-prod129118

onandon
    Free Member
    nedrapier

I can be a little bit of a low level tart with kit sometimes but I always like to check every now and then. e.g. Deore brakes are very effective, brilliant for the price but I’ve bought SLX the last couple of times, because I don’t the lack of banjo on the Deore’s and the bendy brake hose routing.

Just thought these rotors might be another thing to check if I was spending too much, but having looked at the reviews of the life line and the Clarks, it seems there’s a fair bit to not to like. Seems you might get lucky, but plenty don’t.

Think I’ll stick with Shimano on this one.

P20

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Zpkwq2]Untitled[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

They arrived! Seem better made than the Avid rotors they are replacing. Straighter with less hop. It seems mad to think you can buy these for less £14 ( 2 x rotors) shipped from China! Quick ride up and down the lane and they seem fine. (Novatec Hubs are a new addition, also from Ali Express)
    I’ll let you know if I die in a fireball etc….

Speshpaul

they look a lot like the ones Superstar used to sell.

srshaw
    Free Member

When I read the title my immediate thoughts were something else, but those rotors do look nice.

andykentos
    Free Member

I just had 10 pairs of shimano brake pads delivered, cost £6 for all of them posted, from ali express.

Fitted first pair just after i bled my brakes and they squealed a lot, can only figure i got them contaminated. Cleaned it all up and put a new set on and they are working good as gold.

Some stuff when its that price is very useful to have just sitting waiting for when you might need. Next order i think is going to be gear cable.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘AliExpress Disc Rotors or something else?’ is closed to new replies.