Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Aliexpress – anyone used them?
  • keefmac

as above really, after a specific phone case for the daughter but can only find one on there. Never used them so before I sign up I just wondered what they’re like. thanks

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Yes… I’ve used them twice …. Oakley – Ish sunglasses …. All good arrived quick , decent quality and well packaged

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Spotty Dog Imho.
    Bought a fair bit off there with no dramas at all.

Northwind

Yep, used them quite a lot. A lot of stuff is cheaper on amazon or ebay but they have things I’ve not seen elsewhere. I actually just did my first claim against a seller and it was totally pain-free, better than ebay, waaaaay better than amazon, I was pleasantly surprised.

keefmac

cool, phone case ordered. cheers chaps

pk13

Yep cheap electronic components in little grey packages from the candy mountain. Most of its fine Although I won’t buy anything that connects to my wifi from it. Get me a tinfoi hat

Northwind

The best bit is when you order something, then forget, so a mysterious package covered in Foreign turns up 6 weeks later and it’s like a surprise gift from past you.

WillH

I’ve probably bought a hundred things through Aliexpress – all small items, quadcopter parts, and bits of stainless fittings for my home brewing. I can only think of one thing that never arrived, the seller was pretty good though. Asked for me to wait a bit in case it was delayed, then sent a new one when it didn’t.

skids
    Free Member

I buy random stuff from aliexpress, how they can ship an £1 item from CHina to the Uk for free is crazy

integerspin
    Free Member

Only problem is the 4weeks or whatever shipping, I am to cheap to pay the extra.

dirkpitt74

Used them quite a bit recently.
    Mainly for the LEPIN Lego – really good quality and 1/3 of the price of the ‘real’ Lego.

Also ordered a couple of cheap narrow wide rings for the kids bikes.

Northwind

Hah, I was just looking at Lepin stuff last night, but then I felt dirty.

dirkpitt74

The Lepin stuff is pretty good quality – hard to distinguish from the real thing (other than the lack of logo on the bricks).
    They fit together really well.

I’ve had the Caterham 7, Millennium Falcon and Belle’s Castle in the last few months.

dovebiker

Bought a pair of carbon fatbike rims – Aliexpress does coupons and discounts, so I got 20% off and free shipping. As long as you do your research to make sure they’re not a scam seller, I have no problem dealing with Chinese sellers

ThePinkster

Do you folks ever get hit for import duty & admin costs? If so, how much difference do they make to the overall cost of your purchase?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Aliexpress – anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.