Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • Alien Covenant – Spoilers
  • funkmasterp

Read at your peril if you’ve not seen it!

I probably missed something as I was pretty bored and tired, but where in the hell did the second Xenomrph comes from, the one on the Covenant? Was it just Frank from engineering or something? I can’t for the life of me figure out where it originated.

Drac

From the guy who found Cptn Oram the one who’s face got burnt by the facehugger.

nickc

Lope ( the guy with the acid burn on his cheek) has one planted in him by David*. You see the remains of him in the medical room on board the Covenant.

* I know, the “much” shortened gestation of the xenomorph was a bit of a daft/weird/lazy re-writing of the original…

Drac

* I know, the “much” shortened gestation of the xenomorph was a bit of a daft/weird/lazy re-writing of the original…

It wasn’t at the level we seen in the original he needed humans to perfect that, David told us that in the simple dumbed down script.

nickc

once again in English, this time?

Drac

Should I draw you a picture

nickc

nah, s’ok once you rewrote you post, I got what you were trying to say

Drac

Yeah once I read my dyslexia mistakes and predictive acting text odd it usually does.

funkmasterp

Really? So David smuggled a facehugger on to the ship? I’m going to have to watch it again at some point and look for the tell tale bulge in his pants!

I’m also confused as to how the engineer ship ended up crashed on a hill in a forest after they docked it.

Drac

No, Lope was infected by the facehugger.

David faked a crash landing to fit in with his lie.

funkmasterp

When was he infected, when it was attached for about four seconds? So robo-fassbender set up an elaborate crash site and then revealed the fact he’s mental within about an hour of meeting people. He should be a bond villain or join Wacky Races with that sort of setup

Piss poor writing IMO – thanks for explaining though 🙂

Best parts were when the baby xenomorph burst out and raised it’s hand like, surprise! Followed by the ‘you’ve just seen me blowing on the face of the albino monster from Pans Labrynth and also seen my Dr Moreaux crazy lab. Go on, you can trust me, look in the flesh egg’

vintagewino
    Free Member

he was infected when David replaced the dressing on the acid burn. that patch was impregnated with the spores i thought.

Drac

When was he infected, when it was attached for about four seconds?

Yup. I’m know yes previously they’ve stayed on for ages then dropped off but it’s never been made clear how long it takes.

then revealed the fact he’s mental within about an hour of meeting people. He should be a bond villain or join Wacky Races with that sort of setup

Only to Walter and Oram both of who he planned to use.

The script wasn’t fantastic no but it was enjoyable.

he was infected when David replaced the dressing on the acid burn. that patch was impregnated with the spores i thought.

Maybe but that wouldn’t have created his xenomorph.

vintagewino
    Free Member

why not? David has already explained about his genetic engineering experiments, maybe he knocked up a new generation of spore quickly in the lab while the covenant was coming to pick them up.

Drac

Or maybe Lopes was impregnated.

funkmasterp

I thought disposable character number six applied the gauze to that guys face right before the alien dropped on him and killed him? David was fighting Walter or attacking not Ripley at the time.

I’ve genuinely forgotten all the names already.

Edit – when he applied dressing on the the not spaceship thing that Danny McBride was flying. That’s a bit weak as is impregnated in four seconds. Then again it was an eager facehugger

Drac

Haha! Were you stuffing your face with popcorn constantly? He had 2 dresses applied, David changed his dressing.

loddrik
    Free Member

That’s a bit weak as is impregnated in four seconds. Then again it was an eager facehugger

Did you want foreplay? Maybe a meal and a movie?

That’s the problem with facehuggers today, they never want to get to know the ‘real’ you.

funkmasterp

Haha! Were you stuffing your face with popcorn constantly?

I’d sort of switched off by then to be honest 🙂

Just never clicked that he could have been impregnated that quickly. Plot convenience I suppose. Just can’t figure why David went to all that trouble just to help them kill it. Made absolutely no sense to me.

Drac

Because he was ‘Walter’ not David.

funkmasterp

But he could have just not bothered with the alien bit and put them straight in to hyper sleep. It was a bit convoluted.

BoardinBob

Just out the cinema

Really enjoyed it

Would’ve preferred an ambivalent “is he/isn’t he” ending

Drac

But he could have just not bothered with the alien bit and put them straight in to hyper sleep. It was a bit convoluted.

well yes but pretty much how movies and stories work.

funkmasterp

Badly written ones, yes 😆

jonnyboi

to many sneaky reveals that Walter was David ruined the twist completely. Apart from that, and the constant buggering about with the timeline of the gestation cycle it was a good movie. Crying out for a decent edit though

The plot has certainly made it difficult to reconcile with alien, at some point in the future they need to come across an alien ship with an engineer in it, that also has David made eggs, as is hundreds of years old….

IdleJon

Would’ve preferred an ambivalent “is he/isn’t he” ending

Yes, thinking about it, it could have ended just as not-Ripley’s pod closed and she realised. But then everything needs to explicitly explained these days…

I’m fairly ambivalent about the film – enjoyed some parts, thought some were rubbish.

The faceless aliens didn’t work for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the fight with the proper-looking alien on the cargo lifter thing. (Funny that I felt the same when it appeared as when the Millenium Falcon appeared in Force Awakens, and also weird that the best looking alien is the one designed 40 years ago, without CGI.)

I hated the stupid Marvel style fighting. Would David/Walter really have resorted to chopsocky faux-karate having spent the rest of the film being ‘cultured’?

The Blade Runner style creator/origin of life exposition didn’t fit well with the outright action movie bits.

And yes, the stupidity of people in films really bugs me. They’re under attack by a lethal alien, so without having found anywhere secure they still wander off to wash on their own, explore, text their mates. (“Being eaten by alien. Scary face. Lolz.”)

Alien was great, Aliens was tremendous. After that it all went downhill into sequel saturation. Surprised they haven’t done Alien vs Terminator.

Drac

text their mates.

I’m not sure they were texting in the shower. 😯

IdleJon

I’m not sure they were texting in the shower.

😆

The only reason for that scene seemed to be to reference the bit in Alien where Veronica Cartwright gets eaten.

shermer75
    Free Member

The movie was saved by Fassbender again.

The big question is why did they entrust the lives of 2,000 colonists and 1,400 embryos to a crew of such monumental idiots?

IdleJon

The big question is why did they entrust the lives of 2,000 colonists and 1,400 embryos to a crew of such monumental idiots?

I’d guess because the skills and qualifications they put on their CVs weren’t ‘great at fighting terrifying aliens’. More ‘great at digging fields, putting in plumbing and building log cabins. Can use a shotgun to shoot a ravaging pigeon, if absolutely necessary.’

funkmasterp

Maybe crispy fried Franco was the sensible one?

IdleJon

Think about the companies you’ve worked for, and then apply the management teams to the film, because they are the ones who would get the good jobs. Not us lot who know far, far more about the common sense approach to deep space exploration. 😆 (Wasn’t this actually covered in Aliens?)

jonnyboi

Except that NASA doesn’t send management consultants into space, they send highly qualified, competent, level headed people. Shame that all gets forgotten in our fictional future

IdleJon

They are space truckers, not NASA. That was obvious from Alien.

shermer75
    Free Member

‘you’ve just seen me blowing on the face of the albino monster from Pans Labrynth and also seen my Dr Moreaux crazy lab. Go on, you can trust me, look in the flesh egg’

😆

jonnyboi

They are space truckers, not NASA. That was obvious from Alien.

This lot weren’t either, they were supposed to be experts, that’s why they were taking samples, talking about terraforming etc.

It’s hard to suspend disbelief when people do things that go completely against logic and training, and under no pressure.

CheesybeanZ

Drac – Moderator
    text their mates.
    I’m not sure they were texting in the shower.

That was definitely more a ” you blow I’ll finger” type scene

Drac

So what you’re saying is people who take soil samples are experts in all fields including making quick decisions about fighting an unknown enemy.

I’ve more disbelief in your scenario.

Haha! Yup I’d say so Cheesy

IdleJon

So what you’re saying is people who take soil samples are experts in all fields including making quick decisions about fighting an unknown enemy.

I’ve more disbelief in your scenario.

You said it better than I was trying to. 🙂

I have a feeling that if a nightmare monster with pointy teeth was trying to eat my me and my friends then I’d make quite a lot of bad decisions. (although I probably wouldn’t be looking for somewhere to spend some ‘me’ time!)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Alien Covenant – Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.