Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Alien Covenant “Explained”.
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Not heard of this guy’s ‘pitch videos’ before but found it on another forum. Funny as heck and spot on with the digs..

Kuco

Yep summed it up pretty accurately.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Super easy, barely an inconvenience

Kuco

They can travel to another planet, master the cryo chamber and produce a human-like android yet they can’t develop a rifle past the AR15.

maccruiskeen

Remind of this a little

funkmasterp

The pitch meetings are brilliant. I still don’t know if Prometheus, this one or Alien Resurrection is the worst one. They’re all shite but it’s a close run thing.

Pook

Pitch Meeting has been a favourite of mine for a while now. Honest Trailers is also good. The predator one especially

nickc

The “trouble” with this is 1. it’s pretty funny, and probably scarily accurate, and 2. they remind you that the movie is full of questions that need answers…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

The only film where I’ve genuinely considered walking out of the cinema. Lack of storyline and shit writing compensated for by people being stupid and falling over a lot.

swavis

I truly didn’t think it could get worse than Prometheus, then Covenant happened. Sooo much WTAF?!?!

kimbers

Couldn’t agree more

Writing in the stupidist possible characters to set up ludicrous plot points is the bane of modern screenwriting
    Especially when real astronauts are ridiculously smart & trained for every eventuality

What hurts so badly is that the motivations & reactions of these guys were completely relatable & believeable

redthunder
    Free Member

kelvin

Yeah… that’s spot on. Lots of poor excuses for lots of Fassbender time. I mean, great actor… but don’t write nonsense just to keep him on screen as much as possible… sometimes twice.

kelvin

Before:

After:

oikeith

Thanks OP, I spent nearly all of yesterday watching Pitch Meetings…

stumpy01

I recorded this the other day when it was on the telly to watch at some point.

I’ve not watched the Pitch Meeting thing yet, but I’m not sure i can be bothered to watch the film now based on the comments…worse than Prometheus?! Is that possible?

mashr

worse than Prometheus?! Is that possible?

Remember the part in Prometheus where the space ship is falling on them and they run in a straight line rather than just a few paces to the side? Its like that, but for 2 hours

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Do yourself a favour, re-watch Alien or Alien 2 instead.

nickc

worse than Prometheus?! Is that possible?

Yeah, it’s bad. I think I can forgive a lot especially in movies, but these folk are apparently smart enough to be put in charge of a spaceship with 2000 people on board, but they then go and really dumb things that make zero sense.

swavis

Yep, just watch the directors cut of Alien or Aliens Special Edition and remain happy 🙂

Hell even Alien 3 is a masterpiece compared the steaming pile of turd that is Covenant.

Remember the part in Prometheus where the space ship is falling on them and they run in a straight line rather than just a few paces to the side? Its like that, but for 2 hours

This sums it up perfectly.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I think the most stupid moment was :

Dodgy sinister robot: ” go and have a look at that massive egg, go on, stick your face right over it as it opens, that’s it”

martinhutch

Yeah, it’s bad. I think I can forgive a lot especially in movies, but these folk are apparently smart enough to be put in charge of a spaceship with 2000 people on board, but they then go and really dumb things that make zero sense.

I switched over after the ‘let’s all decamp and walk about on an unknown planet without any protection’ bit. Did I miss anything?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hey, at least we now know GoPro mounts will still be the standard for 1st person video shooting.

BoardinBob

Me too. Absolutely brilliant. Super easy, barely an inconvenience. 😆

I nearly fell off my chair at the nightmare in elm street one when he says the “gallons of blood” line

Blackflag
    Free Member

It is a crap film no doubt. But i was more bothered by the story lines that started up but then went nowhere that just people being dumb. If you take against people being dumb then you have to write off an awful lot of good horror movies.

mattyfez

I couldn’t watch covenant, turned it off after about 20 mins…

I didn’t think too much of prometheus until the second or third watching, it kinda grew on me.

You can’t really beat the 2 origionals, but they are both very dffernt films, Alien is more of a horror thriller, and Aliens more of an action/horror.

mattyfez

If you take against people being dumb then you have to write off an awful lot of good horror movies.

You should watch Zombeavers, pure quality, almost serious hommage/satire of cheezy 80’s horror flicks.

IHN

Yep, that’s been most of my afternoon written off…

IHN

You should watch Zombeavers, pure quality, almost serious hommage/satire of cheezy 80’s horror flicks.

See, also, Black Sheep

nickc

If you take against people being dumb then you have to write off an awful lot of good horror movies.

Oh sure, but most horror movies casts aren’t supposed to be astronauts, and let’s be honest, the original Alien movie managed it perfectly fine. But yeah, I know what you mean, the setting up of pointless character sub-plots is v annoying.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’m amazed how shit Prometheus was. I’m fully prepared to accept that some films might have sub-plots etc I didn’t pick-up on or whatever but it was just so poorly done right from the start with the jocks V nerds tensions on the ship.

If, as a director, you can’t move beyond basic cliches then don’t expect much leeway for your indecipherable “multi-layered” plot.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Haha, just watched that first vid! Funnily enough I haven’t see Prometheus, but was browsing and saw Alien Covenant on, so started watching up to the bit where the woman was locked in the room. Quite why she didn’t let her mate out of the room when there was still little risk was beyond me and I gave up right there.

Having said that, it is all slightly believable on the basis they are Americans!

fingerbang
    Free Member

I tend to suspend disbelief far too much with films and TV, and I overlook all these flaws particularly when it’s as visually stunning as a Ridley Scott film.

In term of visuals, i like how the cutting edge CGI in the last two films still predates the 1979 Spectrum era computers in the alien universe

b33k34

I still find it amazing that *so much money* gets spent on films like this, with so many hugely talented people working on it, but they frequently don’t seem to have kicked the basic plot around for long enough that it makes sense and isn’t full of glaring holes

mashr

I tend to suspend disbelief far too much with films and TV, and I overlook all these flaws particularly when it’s as visually stunning as a Ridley Scott film.

I think most people are happy to relax and be entertained, but there is a line between entertaining and just plain dumb

martinhutch

Those youtube clips up there…am I supposed to have watched them before sitting down to watch Covenant? I can’t for the life of me understand why the content of the first one wasn’t included in the film for the sake of continuity with Prometheus.

PJM1974
    Free Member

After Prometheus and Star Trek: Into Darkness, I’ve learned that the best way to check on whether something is a steaming pile is to check the writing credits and see if Damon Lindelof is listed.

I haven’t yet seen Covenant, which appears to be untainted by Lindeolf yet the critiques of the script are still terrible.

mmannerr

Covenant one was probably best ever Pitch Meeting ever, but one done on Game of Thrones season 8 is close second.
    I don’t know what it is like to develop a big movie but seems that some quality control would be needed.

kelvin

I can’t for the life of me understand why the content of the first one wasn’t included in the film for the sake of continuity with Prometheus.

Yup, they make that point in the Pitch Meeting… which nails most of the many problems with the movie. I’ve watched it twice though … what a sucker! Didn’t improve a second time. Would still watch again. Yes, there is a time and place for junk movies on Tv.

funkmasterp

Honest Trailers is also good

I agree the Predator one is fantastic. My favourite by far is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Has me laughing every time, especially the candy man song and “don’t believe me Google it”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Alien Covenant “Explained”.’ is closed to new replies.