• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by sv.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alicante road route/location recommendations?
  • portydave
    Free Member

Evening all. Off to Alicante in feb for a week of base miles with a couple of keen roadies. I’m quite keen to stay in denia/calpe area as there seems to be a bit of life there in the off season, has a bit of a cycling scene, and plenty good hilly routes near by.

However the guys I am with seem concerned there will not be enough scope for long flat/rolling base mile routes.

So keen to hear folks recommendations for routes in that area, or suggestions for other places to stay that won’t be complete ghost towns, and have the scenery and route variety I’m looking for !?

Cheers!

speccyguy
    Free Member

Search Strava for @uli cicles Garma who runs the bike shop in Santa Pola 20km from Alicante. He rides every day so plenty of routes to steal from him. I did my festive 500 there this year but was on my gravel bike so plenty of what I rode wouldn’t be 25mm appropriate.

cultsdave
    Free Member

Go on a decent holiday instead you giant fud!

Digger90
    Free Member

I’ve ridden/visited that area a couple of times.

The Calpe/Javea/Denia area has some good routes, with my rides ranging in distance from 75kms – 175kms .

However, I much preferred the riding inland when from Altea. There are some beautiful roads inland up to the Castell de Guadelest, Callosa d’en Sarria, Jalon, Albir, Confrides, and so on… (not all in one ride).

Altea doesn’t have as much (anything) going on compared to Calpe, Denia, etc… but we didn’t want that. And Benidorm is just 4-5 kms away if nightlife is a must.

I can ping you GPX’s of the rides I did both in Altea and from Javea if you PM me your email address.

sv

Guadelest is a nice village and surrounding countryside.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alicante road route/location recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.