Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Alfine Shifting with drop bars
  • simonm
    Free Member

What are my options for shifting an Alfine 8 when I have drop bars. Trying to find a solution that the Mrs (not a regular) rider would get on with.

ta.

bencooper
    Free Member

Moulton AM with Alfine 8 by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

I did it using a Travel Agent to alter the cable pull, and used a standard bar-end shifter on this one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bristolbiker
    Free Member

That Versa is your lot, unless you want to go for bar end shifters with the correct pull ratio (J-Tek etc).

EDIT: or convert the pull ratio yourself…. 😉

drlex
    Free Member

Electronic Alfine shifters were announced a few weeks ago by Shimano. Assume both for 8 & 11.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Electronic Alfine shifters were announced a few weeks ago by Shimano. Assume both for 8 & 11

Retro-fittable too – can’t wait, my Versa-11’s are feeling a bit tired already…..

thepodge
    Free Member

Electronic alfine, where where where

Mister-P
    Free Member

Di2 Alfine will be available in 8 and 11 speed but it is not retro fittable on non-electronic hubs.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Di2 Alfine will be available in 8 and 11 speed but it is not retro fittable on non-electronic hubs.

Balls 🙁 Clearly misread the road.cc article from earlier in the year… When is Di2 ALfine 11 due to land/rough price for hub/shifter/harness/battery?

thepodge
    Free Member

Bugger, I was looking forward to some electric shifters

gazc
    Free Member

had a j tek shifter on mine nicely made but of kit. better than the versa’s imo – i sold them on without fitting them

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Alfine Shifting with drop bars’ is closed to new replies.