Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Alfine 11 oil change/service
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Any DIY instructions around for this? What tools/parts do you need?

Since it runs in an oil bath I’m thinking that the Rohloff cleaning oil and oil should be fine for it. Anyone tried this?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Had mine done a couple of months ago, not sure about tools, if it’s just an oil change, it’s a matter of unscrewing the screw in the middle of the hub and letting it drain but as for flushing and replacing, the guys at 18 Bikes have the kit and oil now I believe.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Sheriff_Fatman

I did mine myself last month. Really easy to do if you’re just changing the oil – I followed the instructions in the Tech Docs and read a few Blogs on the internet about the process.
    http://auntiehelen.wordpress.com/2011/10/31/alfies-alfine-11-hub-gear-gets-its-first-service/ was very informative (especially about making sure the correct oil is used).
    The worst part of the whole process was stumping up the exorbitant price of the Shimano service kit, but I figured I’d save myself a lot of cost and hassle in the long run by being able to do the service myself. I also understand (but haven’t tried) that the Rohloff bleed tube/syringe fits ok and this is way cheaper! I preferred to use the official Shimano Oil (also pricey) as I figured it may affect any potential warrenty claims…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alfine 11 oil change/service’ is closed to new replies.