Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Alfine 11 idiots guide?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

I’m an idiot and i need a guide…….

i’ve youtube’d it and all i get is bearded middle-aged men playing about with nexus hubs from their recumbents 🙁

Changed the cog, put it back together as per bearded mans intructions now i can’t even work out how to put the wheel back in the frame and where the gear cable goes in…. jesus i’m thick!

Any links gratefully received, abuse optional but i dare say completely warranted 🙂

JB

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Really…….. no other alfiner’s on here? 🙁

joshvegas
    Free Member

Gear cable outer slots into the arm.

Shifter to 6

Then pull the actuation lever in a clockwise direction as if you are lining up the yellow dots. That will bring the notch for the cable end near enough to drop the cable end in. Make sure the cable is in the groove as you release it and jobs a goodun.

scotroutes

Since we’ve no idea what sort of frame it’s in…. have you fitted the correct non-turn washers? If so it should just slip into the dropout and withe the raised part of the washer engaging in whatever slot you have.

Once that’s installed, the rubber “boot” fits into the little retention clip (probably in line with the top run of chain).

Pull the inner out and rotate the gear changing ring to fit the weird nut thing on the end of the inner into the slot in the gear change ring.

Slip it into 6th gear and make sure the yellow dots line up. If they don’t use the cable adjuster.

There’s a technical manual on the Shimano website with all of the correct names of parts and how to fit them. Here – I’ve even googled it for you http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/SI/Alfine/SI_37R0A/SI-37R0A-002-ENG_v1_m56577569830728103.pdf

bruneep

Broke 2 😥

epo-aholic
    Free Member

joshvegas & scotroutes….. cheers guys, pretty sure that what i need to get me started 😀

Mackem

I think the consensus is that you should have just bought n Alfine 8 instead. The 11s seem to be crap.

epicyclo

Mackem – Member
    I think the consensus is that you should have just bought n Alfine 8 instead. The 11s seem to be crap.

Still? I thought they fixed the problem.

But I can’t see the point of the extra expense for the 11 over the 8 because the extra gears are at the top of the range – there is a recommended minimum with the 11 which does not appear to apply to the 8spd.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Alfine 11 idiots guide?’ is closed to new replies.