Viewing 22 posts - 201 through 222 (of 222 total)
  • Alex Salmond to host a chat show on Russia Today
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

Allegedly fake tweets read out as well

Teething Problems for Alex Salmond’s RT Show

Anyway looking forward to the programme on the effectiveness of the planning system in protecting SSSI’s in Scotland

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/08/trump-golf-course-has-ruined-dunes-habitat

kimbers

so will salmond be pro-brexit now hes on Putins channel?

kennyp
    Free Member

I am still awaiting some evidence of Salmonds supposed hypocrisy. Guess I’ll be waiting a while

“This is a once in a generation opportunity”

A couple of years later.

“We demand another referendum”.

I’ve never personally met him, but do know people who worked for him. They described him as a thoroughly unpleasant, arrogant bully.

He’s entitled to his own opinions of course, but needs to shut up about the “people of Scotland”. He doesn’t speak for me or millions of other Scots. In fact many of us cringe with embarrassment when he appears on national TV with his massive chip on his shoulder, telling us how oppressed we all apparently are.

tjagain

Oh he is lots of things to lots of people. But hipocisy is not one of his flaws. Thats a changed mind as circumstances change ie pulling us out of the EU against our will and the breach of promises made – also the second referendum is not his decision.

seosamh77
    Free Member

telling us how oppressed we all apparently are.

I’m curious to see if you can find 1 example of that?

kennyp
    Free Member

SNP spin doctors are too savvy to explicitly use the word “oppressed” but it’s implicit in their use of language. And before you say Salmond and the SNP are two different entities, he was their leader for a long time so it’s not unreasonable to conflate the two.

As I said though, he’s entitled to his opinions, as we all are. I just really resent the way he uses “people of Scotland” as though he and his party are the only political voice in this country.

jambalaya
    Free Member

But hipocisy is not one of his flaws.

It absolutely is. He’ll say anything to promote independence even in the full knowledge it’s untrue.

Brexit is difficult for the SNP as any bespoke deal makes it very difficult for Scotland to leave and join the EU. Plus of course WTO is a disaster for Independence. 80% of their trade is with the UK.

Alexei Salmond will remain against Brexit not least as Labour and Tories are pro. When it’s done and dusted the SNP will use it as an excuse to ask for more money.

If we get the fisheries deal I hope for it will be a massive boost for Scotland. SNP will try and claim credit of course even knowing they opposed it. Hypocrisy

seosamh77
    Free Member

kennyp – Member
    SNP spin doctors are too savvy to explicitly use the word “oppressed” but it’s implicit in their use of language. And before you say Salmond and the SNP are two different entities, he was their leader for a long time so it’s not unreasonable to conflate the two.

As I said though, he’s entitled to his opinions, as we all are. I just really resent the way he uses “people of Scotland” as though he and his party are the only political voice in this country.
    It’s in your head dude.

Edukator
    Free Member

Do you want a TV channel that allows people to air their views or not, Binners? RT shows signs of having journalistic freedom and you complain becuase they don’t censor it becuase the Russian state is homophobic so perhaps they should as they are the voice of Russia. Where’s the hypocrisy? Closer to you than RT I fear.

Someone on RT says all people’s sexuality should be respected, that’s good. It demonstrates two things: 1/ RT isn’t tied to the Kremlin party line. 2/ they are happy to let people state things that will annoy a part of Russia’s own population.

seosamh77
    Free Member

RT isn’t tied to the Kremlin party line.

I think that’s not true. You can have a party line but still allow discussion within a narrow remit on an individual basis. RT on a whole does have a kremilin view, same as bbc has a overall british establishment view. Within that remit though there is some freedom on both channels.

RT UK isn’t broadcast in Russia by(as far as I know, least isn’t general russian news), it’s very much a british based news channel.

Northwind

jambalaya: He’ll say anything even in the full knowledge it’s untrue.

Junkyard
    Free Member

That is sublime Jamby criticising someone as a hypocrite for making false statements to achieve a political goal
    11/10 for that one.
    There is no way his posts are not intentional satire as the alternative is unthinkable

EDIT : I am genuinely pissing my self laughing that is the work of a genius

tjagain

And its only in his opinion they are untrue and that Salmond knows this. I prefer the judgement of the academics, economists and diplomats whose views formed the basis

Idiocy is not hypocrital. mistakes are not hypocrital

I even put up the dictionary definition

tjagain

And fisheries deal? there will not be one and the powers are going to be reserved for westminster. Only in an independent scotland would fisheries policy come back to Scotland

Junkyard
    Free Member

I even put up the dictionary definition

So he made a false statement for his own political end?

tjagain

Which one do you mean?

Northwind

Meanwhile Kezia “The SNP should get on with the day job” Dugdale, serving MSP, decides to go on a reality tv show.

scotroutes

She’s defecting to the SNP over the weekend so it can be another SNP baaaad headline.

RustySpanner

It was wrong when Nadine Dorries did it, wrong for Kezia to do it too.

Bad form.

rene59
    Free Member

I wonder what came first, the call from the producers or the decision to resign the leadership?

scotroutes

It seems to have been a last-minute decision to appear on the show.

There’s talk of suspending her from the Labour Party. Maybe that gives her the opportunity to defect ….

Junkyard
    Free Member

stupid decision to do this whatever party she belongs to

Viewing 22 posts - 201 through 222 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘Alex Salmond to host a chat show on Russia Today’ is closed to new replies.