Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 222 total)
  • Alex Salmond to host a chat show on Russia Today
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont watch Tv so it makes sod all difference to me either way
    PS the joke would have worked so much better if you were a P member

big_n_daft
    Free Member

PS the joke would have worked so much better if you were a P member

Ditto

Bite me 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

jimjam – Member

yiv niver been there! 😆

tjagain

Ok its a daft thing to do. He states he will be able to say what he wants on the show so lets wait and see if he does. This is a minor UK politician on a minor european TV channel. Its only because its the SNP / Salmond its even news. The bile and hatred aimed their way is disgraceful and so is the complete establishment bias against them. Hence the tories and Labour working together against them at the last election.

and yes – the BBC in scotland is horribly biased – and its proven

jambalaya
    Free Member

TJ we both agree them it was daft as does Sturgeon.

Not sure Salmond gets any more “bile” from me as a result as I have posted before I dispise him for his staggering hypocrisy. This is just more evidence.

He wants a platform to berate “Westminster” (ie the UK government) and the Tories and he really doesn’t care where the money comes from. As I posted alleged involvement of Russian money anywhere else is used to try and discredit any campaign or movement (Trump, Farage etc) but is somewhow ok for Salmond

tjagain

Jamba It wasn’t particularly aimed at you – more a general point however that post just shows your irrational dislike of him. Dislike him based on facts fine. Hate him based on things you think he has done but has not then its irrational.

He hasn’t even made a programme yet but you are sure what its all about.

find one actual piece of hypocrisy from him and cite it please. Not made up stuff but something real. Salmond is many things good and abad but he is no hypocrite

Dictionary definitions
    “the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.”
    “a situation in which someone pretends to believe something that they do not really believe, or that is the opposite of what they do or say at another time: ”

Leku
    Free Member

I’m fairly indifferent to the guy but he did suck up horribly to Trump when the golf course was been planned.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/20/alex-salmond-donald-trump-scotland

Hypocritical?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😀

tjagain

Leku – a major blunder which he has since admitted was wrong. Thats something to attack him for but its not hypocritical.

Sucking up to Trump and being conned by him is a major political blunder no doubt at all. Probably his worst mistake. There is plenty that he has done wrong to attack him for but making up false accusations ‘cos you are blinded by hatred is silly

tjagain

Hypocrisy is Dianne Abbot extolling state schooling and sending her kids to private school. that sort of thing

gordimhor

Salmond and the SNP were certainly wrong on the whole issue of the Trump golf course.
    So was Trump his development is not what he claimed it would be and only created about half the jobs he claimed it would.
    Sadly the dunes affected have recently been assessed as no longer being mobile, which could lead to them losing their SSSI status.

tjagain

Less than 1/10 of the jobs. He promised 6000. a few hundred have been created

Leku
    Free Member

Blind hatred? Not everything is so binary.

Just a bit disappointed.

tjagain

Again meant as a general point not aimed at you in particular. “you” plural not “you” singular.

Maybe we need to bring back thee and thou

scotroutes

We already have you and youse.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Blind hatred?? On the contrary, most people and Scots in general are remarkable tolerant and forgiving towards a man who was happy to deliver catastrophe on Scotland on the basis of lies and deceit

That’s an amazing degree of tolerance that is not/will not be given to those who engineered Brexshit

seosamh77
    Free Member

It’s amazing the degree of arrogance you display when passing off opinion as fact.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sorry Joe, have you not forgiven him then?. My mistake.

fatmax

He’s whoring himself for more time in the limelight. A cockwomble of the highest order.
    Not sure why folk are defending him when one of his closest political allies (Sturgeon) is saying it’s a poor choice.
    I’m not an SNP fan, but I have the highest respect for Sturgeon as a politician. Wee Eck…yuck.

tjagain

So – no actual examples of Salmond being a hypocrite? ( I am assuming the usual bile and drivel from THM)

I don’t like the man but I respect him as an extremely able political operator, he has made mistakes as all politicians do but he is one of the few I know of to acknowledge his mistakes which is also worthy of respect. He even has said ( I paraphrase) “I know I look like a smug toad sometimes. Thats just my face”

seosamh77
    Free Member

reporting on catalonia today is a case in point on the tv news channels.

rt, 750,000 on the streets protesting jailed leaders.

bbc, rajoy in barcelona to put an end to the crisis.

both true stories, but it’s the omissions that help show their respective bias.

as I say, variety of news sources is important.

bencooper
    Free Member

Jeremy Corbyn got £20,000 appearance fees from Iran’s PressTV. RT has an Ofcom license while PressTV doesn’t.

I’m not a massive fan of either Alex Salmond or RT, but there’s a lot of double standards going on with the people complaining about his show.

Junkyard
    Free Member

one happened yesterday one happened today
    WHat is your point exactly?
    Here is the report on the protest march from yesterday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41956909

Seaching spain on RT – I have been now so you have to listen gives only the protest March- it does not even seem to mention any govt response to anything actually

https://www.rt.com/search?q=spain

You are free to lecture me some more on bias and second hand opinion 😉

PS searched again – note the bias again even using a US media commentator to be one sided.

https://www.rt.com/search?q=rajoy

Do you watch this and then fox news for balance? 😉

tjagain

On TV bias in Scotland – its not just the BBC. Classic was the STV leaders debate in Scotland. UKIP invited on – one MEP, no other elected representatives. Greens excluded despite having representation on councils and in Holyrood and having 10X the vote share ( IIRC)

the BBC often gives UKIP equivalence to the SNP in airtime. During the independence debate the unionist side got far greater airtime than the independence side with again UKIP allowed representation but not the broader indepenene movement

the constant refusal to allow a “scottish six” news show means we get loads of time allocated to things of no relevance to scotland but scottish affair get little mention. Its public knowledge the reason was political pressure from London to deprive the SNP of airtime

There has been serious analysis of this and there is a clear London bias which automatically means the SNP do not get fair airtime and also analysis of the lines of questioning which as a trend shows clear anti SNP bias with loaded questions.

the problem is the agenda is set in London not Glasgow. thus it never reflects the actuality of political life in Scotland. Much of this is unconscious bias or institutional bias rather than deliberate SNP hating but it means that on tv there is a completely unfair playing field

Please remember I am not and SNP supporter and have never voted for them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the problem is the agenda is set in London not Glasgow

Its no difference in the North of England – except we know where the capital of Scotland is 😉

tjagain

Glasgow is where BBC Scotland and STV are based. 🙄

Do you get the loaded questions as well? Ie during the independence debate Murphy got positive questions. Salmond got negative.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’m speaking specifically of the broadcast agenda junkyard. I was quite aware bbc mentions it on their website. point is take all the news channels with a pinch of salt and be aware you are only getting a snapshot.

bencooper
    Free Member

Have we done this hilariously biased 1970s BBC report yet?

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Qbb1SAB0U[/video]

The tartan oil cans are what make it art.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Episode 1 has got off to a rocky start 🙂 hat tip to order order who have inconveniently checking the tweets featured on the programme – their comments in bold and link below

Alex Salmond’s new RT show is suffering teething problems after it emerged that tweets read out on the programme were posted by a variety of dubious accounts, at least one of which is controlled by the show’s producers. Salmond said he had received an “avalanche” of tweets, but:

A tweet asking “so why RT?” was first up, which the show claimed was sent in by @ellalorenR. No @ellalorenR account exists…

The question “if you were Prime Minister would you stop Brexit?” was sent by @thegodfather12. This account, set up in 2009, has never tweeted before…

@admrobrts asked “What does Slainte mean?”, regarding Salmond’s production company Slainte Media. Twitter shows it was posted at 11.08AM, more than three hours after it had been read out on the pre-recorded show…

Finally, @lastjohn asked “When are you getting President Trump on your show?” @lastjohn is the private account of Luisa St John, an RT employee who appears in the credits as “Series Director”…

Teething Problems for Alex Salmond’s RT Show

seosamh77
    Free Member

2nd item a report on LGBT rights and Scotland pardoning historical cases.that part of Putin’s agenda? 😆 it’s on the now btw. Repeated at 9pm I think.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Puigdemont up next.

tjagain

I am still awaiting some evidence of Salmonds supposed hypocrisy. Guess I’ll be waiting a while

binners

Just watching it. My irony meter went off the scale as I watched Crispin Blunt saying on Russia Today that all people’s sexuality should be respected. Because that’s what I think of when I think of Putins Russia…. respect for liberal values

Alex Salmond is a tit, and his reputation, such as it is, sinks lower with every minute of this hypocritical drivel

tjagain

I don’t know – A piece on LGBT rights wouldn’t really match Putins agenda would it? tit he is not. Marmite he certainly is

seosamh77
    Free Member

There’s no agenda here apart from salmonds own, quite obviously so.

He’s got someway to go as a talk show host I think. Was all a bit, hmm dunno how to describe it… Is it possible to be sychophantic to your own views? But that probably would be how I’d describe it. You get what i mean?

No idea who crispen blunt is binners so can’t comment there.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I am still awaiting some evidence of Salmonds supposed hypocrisy. Guess I’ll be waiting a while

Trump
    RBS
    “Once in a lifetime” Indy vote

Then we have those 500 pages of Indy nonsense and the delibertae lie about having EU membership legal advice

tjagain

NMOne of those are hypocrisy. Trump was an acknowledged mistake, Indyref stuff is opinion and quite frankly yours counts for far less than the respected academics and economics folk who provided the basis

I remind you again of the dictionary definition of hypocrisy.

a situation in which someone pretends to believe something that they do not really believe, or that is the opposite of what they do or say at another time:

piemonster

that part of Putin’s agenda?

Maskirovka innit

jambalaya
    Free Member

Alexei Salmond. Brilliant 🙂

The pro EU website Politico is not impressed and hits the nail on the head with this opening sentence

Former SNP leader — who’s lived most of his adult life in the limelight — seems terrified of slipping into obscurity.

https://www.politico.eu/article/alex-salmond-rt-russian-roulette-with-reputation

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘Alex Salmond to host a chat show on Russia Today’ is closed to new replies.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.